Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post The Most Worn Coin You Have!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
3430 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2011  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Archraz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thai-vic- Nope, that is in fact a 1797 British cartwheel penny. Those things were huge and heavy. Interestingly, though they were not popular in circulation and many people hoarded them due to the value of their copper content, it is not at all uncommon to find culls like yours.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1617 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2011  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is not quite my most worn coin, but it's pretty close, plus it was the most accessible for photography.
Plus the fact that I cannot find any listing for it and maybe someone here can attest to its collectibility.
It's approximately the size of a typical Canada large cent.
You cannot see reverse details from this pic but there are the large words 'HALF PENNY', with about three and a half letters just barely readable under strong indirect light.
It came in an auction boxlot that also contained several of those large G.III cartwheels, and quite a lot of other large coppers.

Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2011  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hambone

Fuzzy, what date is that? I thought it must have been a LWC.

Home now and looked closer at the cent I posted. With a loope, the date looks 1963 or 1968. It's not worn, its smashed, its 22 mm wide.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
Australia
102 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2011  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Graeme to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1914 Australian Shilling
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tokenmast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
most worn coin ? sorry

eBay Item

Thank You rachums107 was thinking this post off topic
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16334 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! I've never seen a Ken that worn down!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hambone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's not worn, its smashed, its 22 mm wide.

Wow, never expected that. lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
5851 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2011  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received this yesterday.

Valued Member
Spain
134 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2011  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silvermaniac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My collection of worn silver coins; which I believe are old British silver shillings and sixpence:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2011  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
William 3rd half crown

Pillar of the Community
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Las_Vegas_Larry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of neat to be able to read the date and mm.

Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mmorgan22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this in a foreign coin lot that I bought by the pound . 1797 large cent. The reverse isn't even noticeable.

Pillar of the Community
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Las_Vegas_Larry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got one like that.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2058 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2011  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are probably my most worn coins!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2011  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your Barber quarter reminds me I have a worn one like that also; I just forgot to post it back on the first page with my other two worn coins. I'll post it when I have a chance.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05