Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1882 H Hub Tripled

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a beauty Phil310! Super rare find.

I haven't discovered any 1882 Triple Hub Obverse in a while. My total is still: 3, all 3 in PCGS holders.

Happy hunting!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2746 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Phil. I must have missed the initial posts, because I have one of these as well in a VF-20.
Pillar of the Community
United States
750 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CV and Okie. I was wondering if any others had turned up in the last 2 years.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1440 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great capture Phil310 a truly hard 1882 to find congratulations
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I gotta go look at mine.

Be right back.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1726 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice one Phil! join the triple hub club. I always look for more but havent seen any since the one I found. was this an ebay find?
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this, could use some input.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2746 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pls show complete Obverse and Reverse. What year are you talking about? You may have a 2/1 with much doubling and pretty scarce.
Edited by okiecoiner
01/17/2020 9:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
750 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks papeldog.

gidjit, this one wasn't on ebay, although that's where I get most of my coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  02:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Praise the Lord.

It's bad enough I missed the 1881H Single Serif N.

If I somehow missed this one, I'd
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pls show complete Obverse and Reverse. What year are you talking about?

I'm talking about the year 1882-H.

Here's the Full Monty.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2746 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What you have is an 1882 Obverse 2 punched over an Obverse 1 (Obv 2/1)"with heavy punch doubling". It is a very scarce coin. Book price is $400 Canadian or about $300 US in F-12 to F-15 condition. Your coin has been heavily cleaned. You would have some takers on Ebay.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the doubled REGINA, the weak repunch is below the main letter. On the triple, the repunches are above the main letter.
Joecoin's coin looks corroded to me. Cleaned or corroded, the price will take a big beat-down.

(no tripled, 2 doubled like joecoin's)
Edited by TerryT
01/18/2020 6:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2746 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terry & Joecoin .... The Joecoin is the one that we put on p.314 of the 2011, 65th edition, of Charlton where we put the initial list of the 80 of so Vicky large cent varieties. It is one of the 3 different Obv 2/1 dies used that year with some huge offset doublings and, by far, the most scarce.
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well that's interesting, I'm really enjoying the Vicky varieties. I have to find a copy of the 65th ed Charlton.

Here's another pic, this one I took with my cell phone. It looks more like the coin in hand than the other pics.

Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05