Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1882 H Hub Tripled

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
joecoin, you can check sites that sell used books on the internet for the 65th edition of Charlton Volume One, Numismatic Issues 2011. The variety section in the back is a great reference for large cent collectors. I found my copy that way for a good price.

That 1882-H you posted with heavy punch doubling is a nice find!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2757 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can normally pick up old Charltons for $5-10. However the 2011 (65th edition) is closer to $100, if you look at the "sold" section of Ebay.

Wow! Was I wrong! The last time that I looked, either early last year or 2018, they were getting huge prices for the 65th edition. They are on Ebay or Amazon, used, for less than $10 ... and Abe books has some for that price as well. Oh well, all our hard work is now going for cheap .. the 5 of us feel old now.
Edited by okiecoiner
01/20/2020 3:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bill, this is a good opportunity for people looking for the 65th edition to get one at a good price. Most of the time I don't see them available at low prices. Both of the copies I got from Abe books a couple of years ago had library tags on them. Maybe some more libraries have switched out some recently for newer editions.
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05