Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

United States America On Abraham Lincoln 1 Cent Coin Rare Shining Beautiful

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

231 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  06:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Please check it out on the scans above and let me knows what you think there
United States America on Abraham Lincoln 1 cent coin Proof Likes Golden Head Statue Rare Shining Beautiful in the brilliant new condition for sure to be honest with you

Bedrock of the Community
United States
31964 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry,but not a proof coin. In fact it looks harshly cleaned.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
01/17/2020 11:38 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12688 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is not a proof coin . AU-55 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19070 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure how it got to Malaysia, but as already stated, not a proof coin.
just carl
Canada
27 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Al D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"In the brilliant new condition for sure to be honest with you" sounds a little sketchy to me...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2646 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45
Valued Member
231 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These is certainly not proof coin but proof likes on obverse and light visible bag marks on obverse with Golden Toning and we have foreign beautiful coins from your country in my nation there
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin is not a proof, not is it rare. It's just a common, harshly cleaned Wheat cent.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16242 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Business strike, worn, cleaned and polished.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6775 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's beautiful to you - and that is all that really matters.

The CCF is an international community - and as such we have contributing members from all across the globe - in that regard I politely suggest the following:

We should give some consideration to the local coin circumstances when addressing their questions.

The OP with this Lincoln Cent is from Malaysia - where I can only imagine how this cent came into their possession.

That of course does not change any of the accurate technical evaluations ... I suppose at the end of the day what I'm asking for is some empathy and care for the spirit of sharing of USA coins from far away lands.

I submit the following reply to Thecollectible:

Your coin is common in it's home country of the USA - and as such is not valued as a premium numismatic item. I'm curious how you came across it and how it is valued in your country.

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1853 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a proof or not particularly rare. Harshly cleaned and polished. My grade for it would be EF-45.

Nice coin in your part of the world, definitely a keeper for your collection!
Valued Member
231 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These beautiful coin looks blur vision without more shining after the images enlarged to maximum size than clear vision with more shining in reality learn my lesson for how to take picture without enlarging the images to show better coin that showing on scans and have purchased for another Lincoln cent coin as World laughing stock third world edition myself is crazy for world coins especially United States America Lincoln copper cent coins must be in RED shade feeling so proud for having coins belong to your country will show everyone these forum later there
Valued Member
231 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How are you going to explain for Golden Toning head and liberty on obverse if it has been harshly cleaned and polished on surface
Valued Member
231 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you much for your participation there
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05