Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Bay State Coin Show (Marlborough, Ma)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1443 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  10:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2021 Bay State Coin Show (Marlborough, Ma)
2021, July 29, 30, 31

Looks like the Bay State Coin Show in Marlborough, MA is back this year. July 29 -31. http://www.baystatecoinshow.com/
Anyone every been to this show? Is it worthwhile to go? I might take the Friday off to attend.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yay! I've been going to that show every year now for about a decade and was very sad to miss it last year due to the pandemic. It has always drawn a great crowd of dealers and has been worth attending, although my fear is that it may be smaller this year due to the fact that the pandemic is not completely over yet.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
884 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting this. I would've forgotten.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
06/08/2021 10:29 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been to other shows there... I don't think I am ready to try a coin show yet. Still too much of a newbie!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1443 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder, as a collector how do you sell coins at a coin show/convention? Are your going to visit each table and gauge interest, or is there an auction format, or something else?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisEd: It may depend on the particular show, but when I go to the Bay State Coin Show I usually bring a bunch of coins that I'm looking to sell and offer them as partial payment for coins I'm looking to buy. I find I get a better price than if I simply asked a dealer "How much would you give me for this?"

(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1443 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that makes sense @barry
I also understand there will be a raffle on Saturday. Maybe I donate some coins to that if possible, or perhaps coins give-away prizes to kids.
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BARRY - so in a way it is almost like an unofficial swap-meet? A little wheel & deal action?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It certainly can be, Nells.

Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AH, ok! I've never been able to get into that part of collectibles shows... Sometimes I stand there counting the last of my money, seeing I don't have enough for the item, and the dealer will say "That's fine". Happens at paper shows but never stamp shows.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1443 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, this place is mobbed!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisEd: Not as mobbed as in years past, but I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were there (both dealers and buyers).

Edited by barryg
07/30/2021 3:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1443 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to admit I wasn't very comfortable with the amount of people in one room, so I didn't stay very long.
Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate. With things seemingly headed the wrong way now, I am rather pessimistic about attending the fall show down here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just plain forgot about the show! I am not in the financial position to try a coin show anyway. Still, would have been interesting to see what one is like.
Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am not in the financial position to try a coin show anyway. Still, would have been interesting to see what one is like.
Yes, they are still a great thing even if you are "just looking." I always look for something unusual just to see it. That way if I come up empty handed (rare, but it has happened) I still have a memorable experience.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05