Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Oddest Things You've Done with Coins  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13
Kuwait
40 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nofaction1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In 1998 I carved my initials into 50 drummer boy quarters and bought things with them from random places. I'm still waiting to come across one of them. lol
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeBipp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I accidentally ate a dime as a little kid...... don't ask me how I accidentally did it XD
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6191 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was a little kid I pounded the heck out of a penny on a block of iron with my fathers hammer . End results was a paper thin piece of copper which I still have somewhere in my collection .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3152 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a kid, put nickels on train tracks, scotch taped a nickel to an M-80, swallowed a nickel(had to keep checking to be sure it came out...you know how...),

Must a had a thing with nickels...?

"I paused to think, then I forgot to start back up" Bumper Sticker
Pillar of the Community
United States
3443 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent picket change without checking it for errors
Learn about my avatar here:
http://goccf.com/t/276704
Learn More...
United States
44935 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An interesting topic to bring back to life.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2725 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  12:21 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oddest thing?

To most people, I'd say paying multiples over face or metal value for a currently circulating coin.

Think about it.

Quote:
Must a had a thing with nickels...?

It seems more like a thing against nickels.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Valued Member
United States
494 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Biggfredd, Here's how you pick up a dime with a forklift.

Tilt forks down so the tip is on the edge of the dime and then back up with a little luck the dime will flip and land on fork.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
12894 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 or so all bronze pennies are good to place at the bottom of a toilet cistern. They keep the water clean and stop the growth of brown algae.
The copper in the pennies is poisonous to brown cistern algae.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  04:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add starnote to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to put a half dollar coin in my friend's giant ear lobe piercing.
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeBipp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep jbuck it is I love these funny stories!
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2017  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a kid, I pounded pennies with a hammer and bent a few in a vise. In my early 20's I shot a few quarters with a .270 rifle, and I still have one of those. Also in my early 20' I accidentally swallowed a quarter during a drinking game. I typically won those games, but I never saw that quarter again. My adult son occasionally makes corncob pipes, and when he's finished, he will epoxy a nickel (buffalo or shield) to the underside of the cob.
Learn More...
United States
44935 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2017  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I tried to put a half dollar coin in my friend's giant ear lobe piercing.
Pictures, or it did not happen!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2847 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2017  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not quite in the same category, but yesterday evening I wandered down to the beach to have a swim. I needed some milk, so took a two-pound coin with me so that I could buy some at the little shop in the gas station by the beach. I put my towel on the beach and wrapped the coin in it. When I got out of the water, I unfurled the tower and dried myself. I then dressed and walked to the gas station. Guess what - I had no money for the milk!

Amazingly, in fading light, I managed to retrace my footsteps on the shingle, and after around 15 minutes I found the two-pound coin!
Learn More...
United States
44935 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2017  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Amazingly, in fading light, I managed to retrace my footsteps on the shingle, and after around 15 minutes I found the two-pound coin!
Victory!
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05