Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eye Candy Corner: Post Your Toned Coins!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 196
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1745 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2017  11:32 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are the Edward VIII coins fantasy pieces?
Paul Bulgerin
Valued Member
Australia
266 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2017  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Check OneDollarMule's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add OneDollarMule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah they're Fantasies, the NZ one is struck in silver while the Aus one is in bronze.
Take a gander at my latest listings: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/merchant/jon_9010/
Edited by OneDollarMule
04/15/2017 12:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
303 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2017  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EarlyTurban to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

ET
Valued Member
Canada
206 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2017  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4mile123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18131 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2017  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EarlyTurban - Wonderful!

4mile - exceptional specimen.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2017  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice adds, OneDollarMule!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2333 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2017  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by WheatBack
04/16/2017 10:50 pm
Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5834 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it when sellers only show a picture of the box/case/envelope, not the actual coin(s) inside, because sometimes you run across hidden gems like this 1951 5 Shilling Festival of Britain specimen issue: exceptional blue and gold toning, unusual for a copper-nickel piece.

These are fairly low mintage issues (a scant 2m for the prooflike specimen issue) but demand is easily met, so I picked this up for a major investment of $5.99.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Edited by paralyse
04/17/2017 12:49 am
Valued Member
Australia
266 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  01:23 am  Show Profile   Check OneDollarMule's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add OneDollarMule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot to post this before - one I posted before but now graded at AU58 (very happy with that!). Not the most dramatic toner but a really nice example of how silver should look on an uncleaned example:

1696 1/2 Crown - S-3481 Early Harp

Take a gander at my latest listings: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/merchant/jon_9010/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1401 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2017  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect these Mercs have re-toned after an old polishing, but for bullion price I like 'em anyway.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2333 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like to gamble once in a while. Let's hope this coin looks better in-hand than these low resolution scans.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1636 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
French Royal coins,
1784 A Louis XVI, 1/2 Ecu with olive tree branches.

Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like to gamble once in a while. Let's hope this coin looks better in-hand than these low resolution scans.
Looks good to me. Probably does look better in hand because scans often kill the shine in colours that makes them pop.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7290 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about some key date color

Full Pics of my Toned Avatar...
http://goccf.com/t/240873

Member: SSDC, ANA, PCGS, NGC, CAC
Page: of 196 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05