Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing list to show everyones latest acquisitions  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 208
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1627 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  03:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1784 A French Louis XVI,1/2 ecu with olive tree branches

Edited by Dorado
04/21/2017 03:33 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
796 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  10:36 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love seeing members' interests in worldwide classic coins. Wish there were more!
Still trying to complete my Dansco 7000.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1627 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1578 France ,Henry III 1/8 ecu

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1627 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1851 braided hair Liberty head large cent.

Valued Member
Germany
294 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Potsdam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a medal that arrived today and came rather cheap with 25 € + shipping. It was struck and commemorates the Thaler denomination which was withdrawn from circulation in 1901. However, the Thaler was still popular among the people and therefore the 3 Mark denomination was introduced in 1908, having the same specifications as former Thalers. And so does this medal: It weighs 16.667 g and is made of silver. Personally, as a collector of Prussian coins I also like the medal because it features the portraits of former Prussian kings.

Always looking for old coins from Prussia / Brandenburg.

My online catalog for German coinage: http://oldgermancoins.com
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1743 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received this very nice Red & Brown 1901 Victoria Penny in the mail this week.

I love the "Old Head" coins of Victoria.

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought for the slab, natch. Like the reverse, the obverse has a bit too much cheek chatter for my taste...

-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5820 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2017  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another eBay medal find, for less than $12, or about 1/10th of its normal price. Due for some Verdi-Care. But it's a medal with a story, like most of them!

1814 copper "visitation medal" honoring King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia's visit to the Paris Mint. 44 mm, engraved by D. Vivant, 1st Baron Denon, Napoleon's hand-picked Louvre curator and confidant. The rough areas seen on the obverse near FRED. and below the bust are present on all known examples, possibly created when a piece of the obverse die cracked off and rusted. Ref: Bramsen 1466; Schwering 1396.

Obverse: Fred. Guill. III Roi De Prusse. Uniformed bust facing left, signed under by engraver Denon.

Reverse: Frederic Guillaume III / Roi De Prusse / Visite / La Monnaie Des Medailles / MDCCCXIV

It is helpful to keep in mind that the Allied forces of Friedrich had just managed to defeat Napoleon and effect the short-lived and ill-fated Bourbon Restoration in France. Despite the fact that the Bourbon Restoration would shortly turn into a train wreck of unemployment, economic stagnation, civil unrest, and harsh repression, in 1814 after Napoleon's defeat there was a general attitude of optimism at the restoration of Louis XVIII to the throne; the weary French populace was tired of being constantly yoked to the war oxen, so to speak.

This perhaps explains why the Prussian King who had at last managed to kick the French out of Germany (after finally admitting that he needed the help of the Russians and Austrians to do so) would be honored with a visitation medal in Paris! The French engravers and medal-makers issued a great number of medals during this period, both before and after Napoleon's defeat.

In one of many ironies, the restoration of the Bourbons helped in bringing Catholicism back to France after the Revolutionary regimes, which must have slightly disturbed the Prussian King, who had just launched a major venture to reconcile the Reformed and Lutheran Churches in Prussia with the aim of uniting the Protestant denominations.

Of course, Friedrich's grandson by his second son, the Kaiser Wilhelm II, wouldn't enjoy quite the same Franco-Prussian relations, not after the whole World War I thing...

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Learn More...
United States
47651 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent acquisition!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2331 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS65

MS66

Learn More...
United States
47651 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both are very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1743 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two 1900 Bombay Mint Indian Rupees that arrived from India today. They got here in less than a week!

I do love Victoria Rupees! They are lovely, big and affordable.

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
796 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2017  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of nice postings since the weekend!
Still trying to complete my Dansco 7000.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2017  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed. I like the portrait of Queen V. It's so different from the usual British ones.
-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3011 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2017  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice gift received in the mail from T1Steel:

Thanks T1Steel!
Page: of 208 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05