Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fancy Serial Number - Please share your thoughts on value  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would keep the star note and spend the rest
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the D23223321C. I also couldn't remember it for money.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topekaguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all,

New here, I have one that is not sexy, but it jumped out at me. I literally just found it when going through my Saturday batch of bills. Again, not sexy but stood out to my feeble and untrained eyes: G50001008G

Thoughts?
Topekaguy
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
22489 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, but I think it's just a spender.
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topekaguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep...going in the Monday batch to my dump bank and pickup my "Monday bank" batch of coins and bills.

Thanks Coinfrog, I am so intrigued by this hobby, I literally started a month ago and have really been bitten...Unfortunately there is a ton of misleading information out there, so this forum is a welcomed source.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
22489 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try clicking on the "Search" tab at the top of the forum, and then entering different topics that interest you. It's kind of like Google in that your wording will affect the outcome, so play around with it. It's a huge resource. Let us know what you find!
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add clarenze30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
americanpicker: All your notes here are spenders.

Let me give you some examples of what Fancy Serials look like:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1367 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking notes clarenze
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
22489 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
clarenze has some great stuff!

United States
27 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, I would keep the very first note you posted, as it is a binary note--all 5s and 7s, though it is not what they call a true binary, which is all 0s and 1s. Still a keeper for a $1 note, to me.
Learn More...
United States
52090 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Let me give you some examples of what Fancy Serials look like:
Nice examples.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topekaguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,

Do these qualify as decent "Trianaries"?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1076 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, they are trinary numbers. I would describe them as average.

Trinary note is an eBay hype description. I doubt you will ever see trinary in an auction description EXCEPT on eBay.

I see them as spenders.
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're better than your avg s/n, anyway. I like the one with the 8s and 9s- it's a tongue twister. You also have a nice selection of Fed Districts, Topekaguy.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topekaguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Steve and Ron, appreciate the feedback. For a novice like me, heck I was just happy my untrained eyes even saw them. Maybe I'll put one in my wallet in case a game of liars poker comes up.
Edited by Topekaguy
02/13/2018 1:35 pm
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05