Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Victoria Cents Lot  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1254 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little Verdi-Care soak (since the green looks to be not soft) and you've got a great coin. The 9 looks nicely repunched .. can you get a better photo?

Also, can you also get a better photo of your 1882 obverse from your 4/25 post? ... that might be a 2/1 obverse and you never reposted from then.
Valued Member
United States
296 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very good buys!

Your last 1859 posted has reverse die cracks at leaf 5 and between leaves 11 and 12. Those and the stem to leaf 9 Identify this reverse as Haxby J4.

The obverse has repunching at the bottom of the D of DEI which matches Haxby obverse 45c.

The die pair is PC59-45C1 (45c + J4)

Good advice from okiecoiner to get rid of the green stuff!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2086 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the incredibly late reply but you could get $10-15 Canadian for the 1884 and 1886. If the 1886 is in AU as you say (provide larger pics and we will help you), that price will go up
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror or Matte specimen coins, in SP64 or higher for mirror, and SP66 and higher for matte.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
533 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, coins in nice conditions, very good price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2701 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, can you also get a better photo of your 1882 obverse from your 4/25 post? ... that might be a 2/1 obverse....

Here's a closeup of the date from the '82 in that second batch.

For comparison, here's the date from the '82 in the first group.

On this second one, note the anomaly visible at the lower left corner of the image that rather looks like a punch was applied to the surface for some reason.

Quote:
If the 1886 is in AU as you say...

Despite being quite brown with only the slightest traces of original luster, I see no technical reason (that is, wear) that ought to prevent this from making AU.

Colligo ergo sum
Formerly nancyc
Australia
4342 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Geez, I'd rummage in that 'junk' bin every day for coins like the ones you've acquired! Grab 'em all.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Pillar of the Community
United States
2357 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Lucky Cuss collects Victoria cents!

I would also collect chocolate coins, except for that one problem.

ANA # 3189614
Pillar of the Community
United States
1254 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lucky cuss ... it's the Obverse (*Queen side) that I needed the photo of to see the throat/chin, and where the pointed neck meets the beads and where the crown tip touches the upper bead. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
2701 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey, Lucky Cuss collects Victoria cents!

Well, I guess I sort of now do, albeit on the cheap.

Quote:
... it's the Obverse (*Queen side) that I needed the photo of to see the throat/chin, and where the pointed neck meets the beads and where the crown tip touches the upper bead.

Oops, you quite clearly stated you wanted to see the obverse, I got fixated on the "2/1" reference and thought this was an overdate issue. My bad. I confess I don't have any familiarity with the die variations you mention.

So here's the 1882H you specifically wanted to see a better image of, this being from the second group I posted.

For good measure (and for comparison), here's a shot of the other 1882H from the first group.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
1254 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  05:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The '82 from the second group (top photo) is an Obverse 1a and the phto from the first group (last pic) is an Obverse 2. Neither is a "hybrid" 2/1. What city are you finding these great buys in?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2701 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What city are you finding these great buys in?

Tucson, from each of two dealers (nationally known, actually) I regularly shop with there. Neither has shown any great interest in them, and I presume they acquire them only as part of larger lots of coins that they purchase. I've nurtured my relationship with these folks so that I generally get to rummage through their "pending" accumulation (of what is presumably going to be "bargain" or "junk" bin fare) of world coins before anyone else does, and besides Canadian large cents, I do find a lot of other great stuff among these culls. One of the two sells such by the pound.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2812 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buying vickies by the pound would be a great and quick way to find some interesting varieties.

...and then you post them here and we will try to do the ID's on them for you..

..and now to book myself on the next flight down to Tucson...

Edited by DEVLEC
06/20/2017 10:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2701 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
..and now to book myself on the next flight down to Tucson...

115° yesterday, and forecast to be 110°+ everyday through the coming weekend....

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
1254 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to spend a good amount of time in Tuscon .. in-laws moved there. Too hot for me.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05