Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Came into possesion of these dollar busts etc. I suspect a fake collection  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2428 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2017  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Howdy, locomoto1299!

Bury them at the beach for metal detectors.

I would also collect chocolate coins, except for that one problem.

ANA # 3189614
Pillar of the Community
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% fake.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fathead 5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fake, fake, fake, fake and fake.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1062 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  09:09 am  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please do not attempt to sell them. If they show up on eBay, we will have to report them and have them taken down. It doesn't do anyone any good to have these sorts of counterfeits trading in the marketplace, even as curiousities.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
944 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fathead 5 took the words right out of my mouth!

For someone who has been looking at the real ones for many years, fakes jump out like a sore thumb.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2017  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brian Schwochert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Call me paranoid, but that 1963 Seated Liberty just doesn't sit right with me...

Just joking!
The best thing to do IMO, is what you've just done.
Counterfeiter's/scammers will always try something different.
Displaying the frauds helps educate all collectors on what they're up to now.
You may have just saved someone a lot of money by showing them your misfortune. (I mean that in the most respectful way possible.)
Karma will catch them sooner or later. It always does...
Pillar of the Community
United States
944 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2017  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
0x1mB0ykFu8
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2017  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Illegaltender to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fake, yes, but you could have a lot of fun with those. Bury them where medal detectors hang out, put them in coin slots, leave them on sidewalks etc.

Just kidding, don't do that.
But it would be funny
Oldest finds:
Cent 1912, Nickel 1916, Dime 1935, Quarter 1963
Dollar 1971, Dollar Bill 1935 F, Canadian Cent 1926, Canadian dime 1962
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05