Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would you buy a classic proof that has been circulated?  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2895 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2017  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty nice~!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4690 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2017  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
953 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2017  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would have to be like $350 or less or I'd rather buy a choice proof of this type. It will be hard to find a buyer for a proof like this that is one of the lowest graded proofs on the market.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  02:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add man2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous coin! I'd buy it if the price is right! Please keep us updated on the status of this deal!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12593 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  04:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I like it, sure.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In this case, I would consider PR58 over higher grades if you like the coin and the price is right to you.
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  06:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jolteon1698 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

I did really like this coin. I've been lusting over classic commemorative proofs for a long time and wanted a seated half. While this one isn't a super high grade, it is very detailed and is better than some of the PR60 ones I've seen. That said, I see why it's called impaired.

I am buying the coin. I don't sell my coins usually but I was just getting everyones thoughts on a coin like this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice looking.
Valued Member
Taiwan
188 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Everest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the coin is still listed for sale. Good luck but at $795 that is bit steep IMO. With a little patience and $250-$350 more you could probably purchase a PR 63 if you are just looking for a type coin.
Edited by Everest
06/19/2017 08:38 am
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jolteon1698 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm getting it for a few hundred less than that price
Pillar of the Community
United States
4790 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2017  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC shows a value of $600 for this date in PR-58. A business-strike 1872 AU-58 lists for $485. So, the proof likely costs more than the equivalent MS piece.
For less money I'd look for a choice AU-58 which likely would be easier to sell in the future.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1569 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  12:48 am  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, now I am looking to buy a PF 58 or PF 60 Morgan. Sadly, that's all I can afford as a YN.
ANA Member since 12/2015
Pillar of the Community
United States
791 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the look of this coin and it has great detail. But am I missing something? Maybe it's the picture but it doesn't look proof to me. It doesn't have a mirror finish like I would expect. Or did they just make matte proofs back then? How do you know this is actually a proof coin (and I don't mean because the slab says so)?
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jolteon1698 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dealer said there is limited mirror finishes due to the fact that it is circulated, which makes sense. In this next picture you can see some luster and maybe some traces of the mirror finish?

Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jolteon1698 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, the coin has toned
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05