Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Puzzling 1921 Morgan Dollar  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
735 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow those are awesome, nice work!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1414 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I met a guy at a coin show in Canada a few years ago who makes these things, and I bought one. As I recall, I bought a US silver dollar puzzle coin, which cost me $50 Canadian. I asked him how long it takes, and it is several hours. So essentially he is working for $10 or less an hour. So that changed my mind about making them myself.

They are made with a very fine jeweller's saw, and if you google this, you will find quite a few people in the US who do this. So it would not be hard to find them if you tried.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5705 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  07:00 am  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it takes a while but I enjoy making them. here is a Kennedy

Richard Barnes www.mycoins.us
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Coins for trade
http://www.mycoins.us/Trade/CCFtrades.htm
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just don't do it to an Ike or you will have JBuck in tears...
-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5705 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He obviously hasn't seen my last post :-)
Richard Barnes www.mycoins.us
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Coins for trade
http://www.mycoins.us/Trade/CCFtrades.htm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UNC details, damaged

Oh, this isn't GTG? I do like them.

Did you do the 5oz "Hobo" that was auctioned a couple years ago?

5trlgaaH0z4

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Edited by BStrauss3
08/12/2017 09:53 am
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just don't do it to an Ike or you will have JBuck in tears...

Quote:
He obviously hasn't seen my last post :-)
What? I am still recovering from Darth Morgan's prank.

Okay, let me go look...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05