Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Liberty seated twenty cent for grading  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2906 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
xf45
numismatic_student aka CoinNerd
Wanna trade? View my Want List and items for trade: http://coinnerdtrading.blogspot.com/
CoinNerd's Type Set: http://coinnerdtypeset.blogspot.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks numismatic. Would you return it? I dont think it looks all that bad to be fair. I had a large discount with the eBay bucks made it about xf money.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2906 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what did you pay for it - with and w/o ebucks? it is a nice xf. some au sharpness but the stars aren't split and the luster isn't strong, especially given the toning. I like the toning but would prefer luster.
Wanna trade? View my Want List and items for trade: http://coinnerdtrading.blogspot.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$320 after the eBay bucks. I had $106 coupon (a lot of purchases sincd August) Figured it was at least minimum au as I know anacs sometimes is more generous than PCGS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8284 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$320 after a $106 discount? You must mean $320-$106 = $214 for it right?
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
2906 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i'd say $250 is a fair price for this. If you got it for $216 that is ok, but the problem is that I consider $106 in ebucks same as cash because I buy a lot on eBay. In my view, $320 is high and would not pay that, but if you are happy, that's what counts. I like chasing a good deal, but that is secondary to being happy. Hope this helps.
Edited by numismatic student
10/12/2017 2:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cost aside it seems like a nice coin to me...better than original pics portrayed it imo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. The coin was listed at $420 bid. I won the auction and then the eBay bucks deducted. Pics were hazy but I had a feeling it would look nicer and it does. I have searched all over for original 20 cent pieces, and for the grade, it was the lowest Ive seen. The others I had posted on here were pretty much the same grade (straight graded with scratches, some maybe a grade point +/-) and they were listed at $500+ While this one looks much nicer. Maybe not a steal per say, but from what ive seen it is not too bad. Thanks for all your help. Once the draped large cent arrives I will have completed my type set which I will post on here. Hugely thanks to all of your help!!
Edited by Steelers72
10/12/2017 4:37 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16718 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As long as you like the coin and then that's all that matters

I want to see this completed set!
Edited by chesterb
10/12/2017 4:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8284 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I have searched all over for original 20 cent pieces, and for the grade, it was the lowest Ive seen. The others I had posted on here were pretty much the same grade (straight graded with scratches, some maybe a grade point +/-) and they were listed at $500+ While this one looks much nicer...

I agree it looks very nice in your images and the AU53 grade seems fair. Certainly the $320 you ended up paying was a good price too.
ANA #R3154474
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05