Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How far back can we go? Third Edition! We Need -1487-  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 240
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

Ready for 1487.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4337 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ready for 1487

Yes this year is also a hole in my collection so no help from me.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2188 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought a coin yesterday that I thought was dated 892 AH (corresponding to 1487 AD), but turned out it's just the type of 892 (and the actual 89x date had the last digit off flan).

Then again, for all I know the type had actually only been made for that one year (and/or a sub-year period across 892/3 AH); I'll try to post it in the Ancients forum, and if we're still stuck at 1487 in a month or so I'll post it here anyway as a bump (of course, if it turns out to actually be a single-year type, I'll post it here immediately).

Admittedly, it only cost $7, and it's an interesting coin either way. I'm sufficiently happy with the purchase - I just hoped that it would actually advance the thread (which would've been really cool).
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2017  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a good plan.
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2082 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quickly posting one before 1487
County of Flanders
Philip Le Beau (1482-1506)
double mite no date
Minted in Mechelen (Malines)(1488-1489)
Literature: Van Gelder/Hoc 153a
+PHS.DEI.GRATIA.DUX.CO.FL
Philips, by gods grace, duke of the county of Flanders
IN.DOMINO.CONFIDI
trust in god

Edited by Petrus
07/07/2017 4:38 pm
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A well timed contribution. Very nice!
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, 1487, where are you?
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2082 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing from me with exact date.
I have some minted between 1474 and 1516....
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can post that to keep us entertained as we wait.
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  04:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
in e few houres, I will be in Rome for some days!
I'll try to find something there....
Does anyone know some trustworthy coinshops in Rome?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4337 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish you the best of luck @petrus! Here is what @numisrob had to say about finding a LCS in Rome:

Quote:
I've just come back from Rome, and I visited the Vatican City. The Post Office inside the Vatican Museum complex (not the post office on St Peter's Square to the right as you leave the Basilica) gives Vatican 50c coins in change! Unfortunately to get there in the first place you have to pay the 16-euro entrance to the Vatican City. And, once inside the museum complex, it's important to visit the Post Office before going on to the Sistine Chapel: if you ignore the sign to the Post Office and follow the tourist route through the complex to the Sistine Chapel, you will just go right out after visiting the Chapel and there is no way to get back to the Post Office! Incidentally, the Vatican Coin & Stamp Museum is next to the post office and is worth a look - sets of practically every Vatican coin issue are on display.

http://goccf.com/t/261670&whichpage=2
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2017  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
in e few houres, I will be in Rome for some days! I'll try to find something there....
Good luck!

Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2017  05:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing!
But I found a reliable seller:
Roberto Pedoni
Numismatica e Arte
Via Vespasiano 7
00192 Roma
WWW.pedoni.it
Page: of 240 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05