Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ATB Five Ounce Silver Coins  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 256
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7121 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2017  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone is interested... by the numbers, the space savings by taking the P-Puck capsule out of the OGP is.....93%!

Now, don't get too excited. Of course that's if you squished all those cylindrical things (plastic, silver and all) into a rectangular solid. Which would totally defeat the purpose.

Now consider if the pucks and capsules were square. Then the savings would be more like 90.5%.

Still... that's a lot. So, chuck the OGP into a box and free up space in your safe. Not just for ATB pucks but in general!
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2017  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AtB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone ever received a slightly reflective (p) variety from the US mint before ?
https://www.NGCcoin.com/news/articl...cimen-Issue/

*** Edited by Staff - Changed link to original source ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3558 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2017  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
396 graded with that designation....
Pillar of the Community
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2017  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's splitting hairs if you ask me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3558 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2017  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember a discussion way back about the 2008/07 ASE's with some being "Shiny" and some more burnished like...kinda dropped it like a hot potato...and the same with the pucks...

Some are "less burnished-like" than the others but BFD
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  09:04 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The US Mint site was updated:
https://catalog.usmint.gov/effigy-m...uct-schedule
Mintage limit is now of 25k which is 5k less than in 2016, although this was just hypothetical as none sold more than 19k in the end with Fort Moultrie still being available.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7121 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I wonder if that 17% delta is reflective of past demand or because of the generally poor designs for 2017 and anticipation of weaker sales as a result.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2159 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes interesting. I agree on the designs for this year. I'm not really fond of any for the most part. The first yrs were much more interesting in my opinion. I can't even think of which I will get for Christmas for the kids. None are a wonderful design. It surely isn't this first coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2159 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think last yrs sales were that great for the most part. May of had to do with spot lower in the beginning of the year and cost of $150 for a P coin. The mint had been lowering the cost as spot decreased for a time but not any longer
Pillar of the Community
United States
931 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt they sell any P pucks close to 30 K next year. I didn't see any designs where non- P puck collectors will want to jump in and purchase the extra 11 K.
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  08:55 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a good deal for the Effigy Mounds bullion w/ capsule:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-2017-5...391706595954
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AtB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 P Effigy Mounds IA 5oz quarter (coin) will be the 1st in the series to have a mintage limit of 25K tuesday march 7th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameri...ullion_Coins

Pillar of the Community
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is a good deal for the Effigy Mounds bullion w/ capsule:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-2017-5...391706595954

Thanks for the link. I put one on order. The last order I received from JM Bullion had a puck with a post minting imperfection. JM Bullion replaced it with no hassle and paid shipping both ways.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3558 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a good price and you can CC it...$109 at Provident without capsule..

I have placed quite a few orders with JM Bullion...decent company

$105 on the JMB website but by check...$109 with CC
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AtB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the first 6 years or 30 p 5oz coins the mintage limits were 27k then the first 2016 p shawnee ill coin #31 changed to 30k mintage limit now the first coin of 2017 coin #36 has a mintage limit of 25k wonder if we will ever see a mintage limit of 20k .
Page: of 256 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05