Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My unique 2009A $100 bill with green security band  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19086 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2017  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ATF haul?
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
1737 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2017  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rockzalo

to CCF,

In checking your notes Serial Number, it was printed in January 2014 and my math shows it was printed on Sheet #95572 of a 100,000 sheet Run on Run 30.

LF95795572H should be assigned to Plate Position F4, your note shows it was printed on Plate Position F2. This is the result of the Left Half of the Sheet being swapped with the Right Half after being trimmed into Two 16 Subject Sheets, and before applying the serial numbers. I consider this a common Variety on the older COPE Overprinting currently used,(and not possible on the new LEPE Overprinting that Serials the whole Sheet).

FYI ; the assigned Serial Number for your notes F2 plate should be LF94195572H.

I wanted to post some photos for you to check out and help confirm if this note is genuine or counterfeit, but CCF is the only website that doesn't let me post photos from my Tablet.

The only thing I question on your note is the light grey color marking under "F957" on the lower right serial number.

When holding your note in front of a light source you should see a embedded security thread on the left side & ole Ben's watermark on the right. If light pressure is applied, you should also be able to feel the raised intaglio printing almost anywhere on the note with your fingernail, these features will help you with confirming the notes authenticity.

In closing, I continue to search the internet for Global Errors, should you come across any from Chile, please advise, or post here on the International forum.

Hope this helps and your question.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Capulina to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I work at a financial institution and also came across $100 series 2009 with a green security stripe, I have been working with money for many years and it is no discoloration, I think this is an error and not fake any updates.
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community, Capulina!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19086 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, thanks for that input.

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05