Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another 150th coin coming Sept 12th  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
82 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the coin design resembles more the Royal Canadian Mint's new logo.
Valued Member
Canada
422 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All dealers and CP have them available. In fact, all of the September release is available.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3589 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this can't wait message from rep last week regarding this coin, what another ho hum 500 dollar coin
Valued Member
Canada
324 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SoulBrotherNo3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it just me or is RCM trying to reduce mintages by offering a plethora of 5oz. coins?
Seems to be all the "hot" coins they're promoting lately are 5oz'ers.
Valued Member
Canada
82 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think RCM was making a Canada 150 coin for every successful format it had: glow-in-the-dark, egg, 5-oz, 5-kilogram, etc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6001 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think RCM was making a Canada 150 coin for every successful format it had: glow-in-the-dark, egg, 5-oz, 5-kilogram, etc.

This is probably the single case, when it understandable if Mint 'overdoing' the stuff.... 150-Anniversary is big celebration for the Nation.
Valued Member
Canada
82 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found the artist is a graphic designer at RCM. I couldn't find any of her artworks online.
Valued Member
Canada
448 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
82 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Looney4Numi

I like this design so much better!

What is this? I couldn't find this product on RCM website, even in the bullion section.
Valued Member
Canada
448 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like this design so much better!

What is this? I couldn't find this product on RCM website, even in the bullion section.

I like it better, too.

A private mint in Germany has been colourising many bullion coins lately. There seems to be an explosion of them on eBay (100 mintage each), and they are selling. The Superman enhanced coins are very popular, too. They're even colourising the Darth Vader bullion coins.

Some frown at this development but, surprisingly, they seem to be keeping their value better than some RCM coins.

The Coin Shoppe carries several of them and has this one for $126.96 - 3% with free shipping.

http://thecoinshoppe.ca/free-shippi...old-gilding/

P.S. This is my favourite: http://thecoinshoppe.ca/free-shippi...old-gilding/
Edited by Looney4Numi
09/13/2017 11:19 pm
Valued Member
Canada
82 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Looney4Numi

Thanks for the introduction.

It's fascinating to know that there is a foreign company that does paintings over bullion coins - and there is a market for that.
Valued Member
Canada
448 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome, yesOrNo.

The stores are overpricing them imo, but if you watch eBay you might be able to pick up a deal, like this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canada-2017-....m1438.l2649
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6001 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
However, my favourite the same, like Looney's URL, will not buy these.
The designs are fun, but recent year / two , produced too many of them. Like 'Pokemon' cards - you can put any creature on card and call it Pokemon.

Check out RCM's 2001-2007 Special Edition Coloured Maple Leaf.
Original and beautiful.
(this is not self-advertisement, but I ready to sell mine )
Valued Member
Canada
82 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2017  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saw this in a book store yesterday.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05