Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A continuing thread ~ Post your recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia acquisition  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6268 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2017  09:24 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Informative post by DrDarryl
http://goccf.com/t/301423&whichpage=2#2579117
in I am not an animal ... I am a human being! ... and I collect medals

Starts out as ... "There is an untapped area of U.S. Mint issues" etc.

Signature:
Sign Here
X ____________________________
Edited by TNG
12/02/2017 09:24 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6268 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2017  09:58 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's add this mornings snag that I believe I got at a good price raw.
It goes well with my medal theme in that area.
(1947) C. Smith Confederate Half Dollar Seal CSA So-Called Half Dollar

I don't know much about this medal except that I have seen it in vintage Wayte Raymond holders of 8 medals that include:

Pony Express Diamond Jubilee (1935)
Minute Man Lexington Sesquicentennial (1925)
Lindbergh Flight to Paris (1927)
Admiral Byrd Antarctic (1928-1930)
Thomas Edison Centennial (1947)
Daniel Boone, Lexington, KY (1925)
Confederate Half Dollar ( Bust of Gen. Lee ) Replica
Confederate Seal Replica (shown above)

The Confederate issues being the keys and the sets are generally listed at around $250. The singles of the more common 6 can be had for $15 to $30 and they may all be made of nickel, the confederate issues are definitely nickel.

Signature:
Sign Here
Edited by TNG
12/02/2017 11:54 am
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2017  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
OK so here's a bunch of Canadian Royal Family medals of which I made a collage.
Looks very nice!

Quote:
Let's add this mornings snag that I believe I got at a good price raw.
It goes well with my medal theme in that area.
(1947) C. Smith Confederate Half Dollar Seal CSA So-Called Half Dollar
Nice addition!
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2017  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Griffin Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hawaiian Statehood Silver medal from Medallic Art. 64mm. This is the error, with a space between Nii and Hau. Apparently the error is more scarce in both bronze and silver. I have only ever personally seen the errors.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6268 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2017  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that Hawaii medal Griffin. Thanks for the info, I have seen many but did not know about an error.

Signature:
Sign Here
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4640 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2017  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will post a token acquisition soon but, I wanted to share that I recently received a generous gift from fellow member scopru:

I know I will enjoy reading through it.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6268 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2017  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice gift and hat is off to scopru

Signature:
Sign Here
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hawaiian Statehood Silver medal from Medallic Art. 64mm.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Griffin Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
63mm Silver medal from Medallic Art Co celebrating the Golden Gate Bridge 25th Anniversary. Almost 7 ounces, this one is numbered 908 (or 806)

Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
63mm Silver medal from Medallic Art Co celebrating the Golden Gate Bridge 25th Anniversary. Almost 7 ounces, this one is numbered 908 (or 806)
Beautiful!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6268 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Medallic Art Co makes some great stuff and yours is no exception.
Big honkin' silver medal there! I like it.

Signature:
Sign Here
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Griffin Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still going through some items I've picked up recently.

Dartmouth College 200th Anniversary Bronze medal from the US Mint. 3 inches. 5000 minted in bronze, 2 in 14kt gold
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Still going through some items I've picked up recently.
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Dartmouth College 200th Anniversary Bronze medal from the US Mint. 3 inches. 5000 minted in bronze, 2 in 14kt gold
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Griffin Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exxon 1975 Medal from Medallic Art Co. 63+mm. Originally mounted on a desk display piece (hole on rim at 12:00 and 6:00).

Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Exxon 1975 Medal from Medallic Art Co. 63+mm. Originally mounted on a desk display piece (hole on rim at 12:00 and 6:00).
Very nice!
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05