Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

All members, post your most recent US Coin purchases!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 352
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5830 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not "classic" (yet) but there is no equivalent thread in Modern for these, so here ya go. $6.98 total for both these lots, with $0.99 shipping. Looks like someone selling out old dealer stock. Not high-end coins, but I can fill a couple more 7103 holes with some of these and replace a couple of cleaned/cull hole-fillers with nicer circulated coins.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6190 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that's what I call an upgrade Cross Eyed!
Signature
Sign Here X _______________________
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4875 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not "classic" (yet) but there is no equivalent thread in Modern for these, so here ya go. $6.98 total for both these lots, with $0.99 shipping. Looks like someone selling out old dealer stock. Not high-end coins, but I can fill a couple more 7103 holes with some of these and replace a couple of cleaned/cull hole-fillers with nicer circulated coins.
Works for me. Nice batch!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6190 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 S 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Jefferson nickel.
I suppose this might be also a commemorative coin?
Yes, it's a special strike uncirculated coin and it has an S mintmark for the first time since 1970 on a non proof, technically uncirculated issue. Total cost $5.65

Not MS70 or SP70 because of some very light discoloration ( which I stress taking the image ) but has great surfaces.
I think it might be some oil or grease. This might get an acetone dip if it is oil, it should disappear. then rinse in distilled water and can air dry.

Signature
Edited by TNG
08/11/2017 2:30 pm
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think it might be some oil or grease. This might get an acetone dip if it is oil, it should disappear.
I agree. It is worth a shot. I hope that is all it is.

Quote:
then rinse in distilled water and can air dry.
You should always rinse with fresh acetone, not water (distilled or otherwise). Distilled water takes too long to dry, giving it time to absorb particulates from the air and leaving them on the coin. Fresh acetone will evaporate quickly so you can get it protected by a holder faster.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6190 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okee Doke jbuck two dips of acetone it will be. No water. (If I do it)
I'll probably get a few coins around to do them at the same time.
Signature
Pillar of the Community
United States
7290 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't have a railroad rim yet, now I do

Full Pics of my Toned Avatar...
http://goccf.com/t/240873

Member: SSDC, ANA, PCGS, NGC, CAC
Pillar of the Community
United States
7290 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nabbed this for $50 too! Solid 64 with a chance at 65. With the jump in value going from $150 to $1500 I'm not counting on 65 but its very possible and would be awesome! The minor tics on the cheek are not too noticeable in hand and the field are extremely clean!

Full Pics of my Toned Avatar...
http://goccf.com/t/240873

Member: SSDC, ANA, PCGS, NGC, CAC
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked up.
1877 S Trade Dollar

ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Didn't have a railroad rim yet, now I do
Excellent!
Learn More...
United States
47724 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just picked up. 1877 S Trade Dollar
Ah! This is the one for your 7070 I assume. Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is! I think I've got 53 of the 76 slots filled... I'll check when I put this one in there...
The pre-Morgan Dollars are going to be pricey... Need to let the plastic cool off for a while.
Fortunately I pay the cards out of my account, so the wife doesn't see the charges!
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Pillar of the Community
United States
7039 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing big, but these 2 coins complete page 2 of my 8140. I also have a big summer purchase that should be back from PCGS in the next few weeks. In the meantime, I am quite happy with both of these...

Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Edited by CoinCollector2012
08/13/2017 9:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6190 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cross posted but I'm a little excited.
And yes ... it is technically a US Coin.
Signature
Page: of 352  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05