Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Aussie Gold Finds  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2017  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks cowboy I'm glad you liked the thread and my last trip was for sapphires at Glen Innes
Gold can be found in every state here in Australia VW just need to walk over it
and this is the last photo of Allan's gold found in the Victorian Golden Triangle

also my next post I'll post one of my finds I found at Kingower back at the turn of the century

Harry
Edited by nuggethill
05/22/2017 9:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
239 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2017  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had my left hip replaced back in 2004, and a knee in 2014, and I go alone since I started back in
December of 2014. Need to use the shovel to help me up sometimes, but it is excellent exercise. Webekin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1892 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2017  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Loving the pictures of the gold finds. Excellent nuggets.
Thanks for sharing, I pan and sluice but don't detect.
I may look into it now that I've seen these results.
Not sure there is good ground like that in Ozzie.
Tailings piles near old mines may be the only areas to
detect in Canada for natural nuggets. Maybe more in Yukon
or BC.

Gold
Edited by SilverDon
06/17/2017 11:28 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Silverdon for your comment I like you don't live in the gold belt and have to travel between 5 and 10 hours to get onto the gold,
then I have to walk over ground that 1000's of detectors have been over and try to find the one's they have missed,
also I'm still using a GPX 4500 and 5000 though they still work well on missed gold .

If you need to buy a detector it's very hard to pick one that's right for you or the job you need to do with it or one at the right price,
the last lot of gold was found with a Minelab GPZ7000 these detectors are over $9000 AUD and are not for every one,
you also need to research areas that have been gold bearing which I assume you do to sluice and pan find the sores and detect below it if you can.
good luck on your adventures.
PS thanks Webekin for your comment my last hip replacement was a reconstruction and still won't let me walk more than a few hundred meters and yes I use my pick to lean on to get up
Harry
Harry
Edited by nuggethill
07/07/2017 11:01 pm
Valued Member
Ireland
68 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2017  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2taol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a great thread, I've skimmed over all the pages
Which took about 2 hours while watching t.v and what
Did I happen across on SKY t.v?

season 2 episode 1 of 'Aussie gold diggers' what a coincidence!

Again great thread, thanks for keeping this updated for us all.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2017  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks 2taol every trip into the goldfield I do I get to add more gold to the thread ,

"Aussie Gold Diggers" is a good show made in the WA goldfields it's also very hard detecting over in the west with the fly's and the dust can also be a problem, my mate Tim is over there detecting at the moment.

He just brought a Minelab SDC2300 and like me he's been swinging minelab detectors for as long as I've known him, anyway he found 21 bits with the biggest nugget @ 20.51 grams,
sorry no photo's.

Oh p.s. sorry I should have said CrusaderVW and not just VW on a post 6 posts ago
Harry
Edited by nuggethill
07/27/2017 11:53 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry all
all of the photo's by photobucket are held to ransom
and I won't pay there $400
I'll upload more photo's from my computer
cheers
Harry
Valued Member
Ireland
68 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2017  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2taol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmm I dont use photobucket so I'm  unaware that they charge.

Anyway looking forward to the next updates.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  03:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a few WA nuggets I posted using photobucket that were lost and now I've reposted them off my computer, these 3 are the nuggets my mate Tim found a few years ago

regards Harry
Harry
Edited by nuggethill
08/06/2017 10:02 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is the 4 and a 1/2 oz nugget found at Kingower by my mate Ronny

and this again is the 5 oz nugget found also at Kingower by my mate Norm

and this 2 oz also found at Kingower by my mate Tim

and my best found there as well

Cheers all
Harry
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the half oz found in 4 hours of detecting in Bendigo's Whipstick forest, these were found the day after I brought my GPX5000

this the first photo that started this thread

and more Western Australian gold found by Tim

cheers
Harry
Edited by nuggethill
08/06/2017 10:13 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the gold from my last clean up

and on the scales

there's also fine sluice gold and a 22gr nugget added to this total that are not on the scales

And more gold from Western Australia

I can't remember if this is 5oz or over 7oz

6 and a 1/2oz

cheers
Harry
Edited by nuggethill
08/06/2017 05:51 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2017  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find in Bendigo's Whip Stick

close up of gold

these are microscope images
more to come
Harry
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2017  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A better photo of the 6 and a half oz

more gold under the microscope

and a bit of cap rock from WA with about an oz if gold in it

cheers all
Harry
Pillar of the Community
Australia
956 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a few more nuggets oh and that last post should have been "an oz of gold in it"

more to come
cheers
Harry
Page: of 38  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05