Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post a German State Coin!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Bulgaria
16 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2015  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ploprof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bavaria 5 Mark 1876 D Proof Like

Pillar of the Community
United States
2758 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2015  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is certainly not much to look at compared to the many fine specimens already posted in this thread, but it was plucked from a "silver junk bin" today as it seemed to me at least just a bit too historic and not in such terrible condition that it should be heading for the smelter.

1841 Hesse-Darmstadt 6 Kreuzer (KM# 306). Fineness at .350 is less than I expected it to be, so I paid about 3.5X melt at current spot. On the other hand, that works out to, like, 5-10% of its numismatic "book" value, so still a good deal in my judgment, no regrets.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pfalz Electoral 1763 gold Half Carolin. Well worn with a few scratches on the neck. Still a scarce type.

Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pfalz Electoral 1764 silver Taler

Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pfalz Electoral 1768 silver Taler

Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prussia 1856 silver Double Thaler

Pillar of the Community
United States
1761 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just saw this thread! I loved the German states coins so much I wanted to make a nice type set of all the German states but then I saw prices... So just a few are good enough for me. Love the eagle design though!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5360 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really missed this thread! I forgot it was around. I can probably keep it busy for days on end...
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hannover 1814C silver 2/3 Thaler

Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hannover 1849 silver Mining Thaler "Harz-Segen"

Pillar of the Community
United States
1190 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1895 Prussian 5 mark

1769 Austrian 20 Kreuzer

1502 Brandenberg groschen

Hamburg 200,000 mark

1707 Brandenburg 6 pfenning

Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach Pfennig

1861 Prussian Thaler

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5360 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of my prettier early coins.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From Oldenburg 1866 1 Schwaren

Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2085 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the excellent examples shown here, so I want to show a barely identifiable one

Identifying this piece of ch*rp was a problem and a half let me tell you!

Wied-Neuwied, 1/4 stuber 1749.
Commemorating the newly opened mines (um, that square with a triangle you can barely see in the middle is supposed to be a well - there's a lovely scene on this type that is almost entirely illegible on this example).

...I have a few dozen other German and Austrian state coins (no Bohemian or Hungarian states yet - only plain Bohemia and Hungary; some Dutch states), including maybe three or four that I have actually taken photos of.

Might post some of those later.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5360 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2017  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1689 6 Mariengroschen (=1/6 Thaler)
'Wildman' - Brunswick-Luneburg

Very attractive original toning and surfaces. This is an actual estate coin (not an eBay "came from an estate" coin!) from an auction house in St. Louis, Missouri.

There is actually quite decent detail under the strong toning.

Edited by paralyse
05/21/2017 02:18 am
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05