Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

coin197's 1000th post contest and giveaway! Guess the banknotes from A-Z!  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am flabbergasted.
YB
Pillar of the Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Druu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent. Thanks for coming up with the contest! Not a zero!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4173 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:51 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM Sent.

Thanks for a great contest, should have really tried!
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:59 am  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you should have tried! I have everyone's address, all the letters should be in the mail soon!
ANA Member since 12/2015
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3511 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  04:01 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad I wasn't the only last minute entry.

Druu, the silent warrior.

Did anyone get one completely correct including year? I excluded dates in my answers.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did anyone get one completely correct including year?

I didn't I also excluded the years, except for 1 (Z) which I missed by 2 years. At least I was in the right decade on it though.
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:12 am  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone did, actually.
ANA Member since 12/2015
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
552 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got the year for the "N"orwegian note, only because it was so recent and plainly visible on the screenshot at http://www.norges-bank.no/en/notes-...-krone-note/

There were enough letters visible in that clue that it was easier to guess than most of the others.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The C was obvious to me as 1954 $1, only because of my latest obsession with Canadian notes.
YB
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the note today! Thanks a lot...my wife loves it.

1993 Yugoslavia 5,000,000 Dinars.

Thanks again for the challenging contest. It was fun
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4173 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coin197! Got notes today, Tanzania is a county I didn't have, love the giraffes. The Yugoslavia 50mil note is also one I don't have of the recent decades, is this an inflation note?. I'd post a pic, but scopes don't picture a not fully, no other way at moment.

Check my contest, have your address now, thanks!
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
Pillar of the Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Druu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too received the goods today! You've made me a very wealthy man. And that's a pretty sweet orangutan too!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3511 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my prizes today as well! There's just something cool about having a banknote with the number 50,000,000 on it!

Than you again for the contest coin197!
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Druu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I'm finding interesting is the alphabet Yugoslavia uses. It's pretty similar to the Cyrillic alphabet used in Russian, but there isn't a J in Russian. The "yu" sound is one character in Russian (#1102;), but here the J appears to make the Y sound if we take the "y" to be consistent between the two languages as being pronounced as "oo."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
552 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2017  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got mine today, same note as MontCollector's first (5 million dinars). You'd think that with 5 million I could buy a nice house here in San Francisco, but I'd need to win a lot more contests.

Very cool prize, thanks again!
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05