Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your Canadian circulation finds!  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 50
Pillar of the Community
United States
4226 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2017  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dorado, what are you using for your photos?

I wonder if the Canada 150 coins are being hoarded thus not finding many in circulation?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ TheForce

Quote:
Dorado, what are you using for your photos?

Camera ,lights or back ground ?
please be more specific.
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torcan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quote:
Agreed, loonielewy, it's too bad the coins aren't evenly distributed across the country. I got a whole ton of them between April and July but since August I've "only" got 5 or 6 of them. Some people I know in other cities haven't found any, which is a shame.

-------------------------------------------------------

I agree with that. In another post I mentioned some coins I had trouble finding in circulation - one of them being the 2013 twonie. Others posted that they had no problem finding it. Maybe it just wasn't distributed well where I live. It should be more evenly distributed.
Valued Member
Canada
172 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the_sifu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found in Winnipeg at a Wendy's drive through during lunch break.

I actually asked if she can give me change in twoonies for a $10. Answer: Sorry sir, no.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1345 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a coloured 2017 quarter from the beer store and asked for a roll of the 2017 quarters for $10 when the line was empty. They gave them to me. I guess it all depends how much coin they have in the till. And if they want to go the extra mile to make you smile.
Valued Member
Canada
401 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought a bulk lot out of a junk bin. Found 12 missing S 1974 50 cents. These were the 3 best ones out of the lot. The rest were EF30s.
Valued Member
Canada
130 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
chadcoins- that find is incredible!! In another post TheForce and SPP-Ottawa were just talking about this coin. I bet they won't be long in seeing this. Way to go!

This has got to be in the top 10 finds of the year for the forum. Really, a dozen of them.
Valued Member
Canada
401 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes really I found 12. The dealer had a sack full of nickle 50cts and was sending them in for the Mint recovery program. I scooped a random 1000 coins at face value ranging from 1968 - 1985. The 1968 and 1974 was the most common dates when I went through the coins one at a time and checking for the missing S. The sack was still 1/2 full. I always wondered how many got melted from that sack. I went to buy the sack at a later date and I was to late, they were gone.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2008 Canada ,25 cents .
Vancouver 2010.
2005 Canada,25 cents.
1905 Saskatchewan 2005.
2000 Canada,2 dollars.
Knowledge 2000 le savoir.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 Canada
2 dollars .
Vimy.
2 coins .
Canada
22 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jazzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds Dorado! Still looking for the Bobsleigh coin myself.

I've completed the Canada 150 set. All coins were found in circulation. The colored toonie was the last to come my way.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
635 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty shocked when this dropped into my hand about a week ago. Only reason I noticed it is because of the different sound silver makes.

Amazing detail. I didn't even know that the mouth
slit existed .

These two show what I think is polishing . The coin
shows like a ms 1970 p/l 25cents

"If you going to err,do it with flair . That way you'll remember and not repeat the mistake"

W.R.Robertson
R.I.P.
Page: of 50 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05