Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1795 $1 Flowing Hair (Authenticity Validation)  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1260 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have bought from DNW a few times, and have been generally happy. I purchased a pricey (not U.S) coin at this particular auction. Upon arrival I noticed the coin had a defect which was not mentioned in the description, and DNW was very for forthcoming in returning the purchase price in full. Full apologies and no loss to me. Based on this I will continue to buy from them in the future.
I am mentioning this in case the OP may want to return the coin - If the argument is good, I feel confident DNW will accept the return.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't believe there is a need to return the coin it was a reasonable purchase and in all fairness, DNW did disclose their suspicion of the unnatural tone. But I do agree, their reputation is excellent and thus far my experience with them in the multiple auctions I've purchased from them is very favorable. If it is not a secret, what lot did you purchase in this auction - I am curious to see if we went against each other. I walked away from this auction with 3 lots, the flowing hair, 1790 Netherlands Florin, and an 1804 Great Britain Trade Dollar. I must have bid on at least 50 lots though (most low balls with about 10 being serious bids that I lost by 1 increment) - this was a very exciting auction with some pretty incredible lots up for sale.
Edited by cableguy815
10/12/2017 01:04 am
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1260 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect U.S coins as well, but did not bid on any of them at this particular auction. This time I focused on ancients, and managed to win a very scarce (and quite expensive) roman denarius. As I mentioned, it had a planchet issue which really bothered me, and was only visible upon close examination. Returning it was not a problem (besides the anxiety of sending back such an expensive item through the mail!)
Edited by GERMANICVS
10/12/2017 01:23 am
Valued Member
Brazil
83 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gallienus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I've no experience w coinex, I've been to coin shows and auctions in South America & am a member of the Brazilian primary numismatic society.

Major collecting interests are Latin America & Brazil, although I always look for classic US types. I've never seen anything being given away in foreign countries. It's too easy to just send stuff into to major US auctions for US coins and also for foreign when their national markets are too weak.

The best I can do is to buy what I like and can show off & also what I think will eventually be worthwhile. I love the US Flowing Hair pieces (dollars & halves) but unless confronted with "unacceptable problems" these types are simply out of my price range. Once I was offered a slabbed 1795 half by a dealer who told me "you really should buy this coin" but unfortunately I didn't take his advice. Also at the time I was starting a new business and buying [for me] an expensive coin was not good at the time. Oh well we all have the fish that got away...

Should update my profile as I'm back in the US now.
Edited by Gallienus
10/12/2017 10:43 am
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05