Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1882 DDO large cent latest eBay buy  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1146 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do have to address some of your defamatory statements...

thats kinda funny as I was attacked and told I know nothing about large cents etc..i never did see any attempt at an apology but thats fine I dont let it get to me. all I wanted to do was show you guys my latest find.
thanks for the kind words from the rest of you, when I bought this coin I knew I found a pretty descent DDO but I had no idea it was one of the nicest ones out there,
i would like to ask this question again as this never was answered but what would PCGS charge for slabbing this variety? thanks all and I wish ALL of you happy holidays
please check out my collection of cents from 1858 - 2012 (under construction)
https://s249.photobucket.com/user/g...8%20-%202012
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4434 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i figured i'd step in again and make a few points and comments..

first of all, I got to meet gidgit and he's one fine gentleman! I can't wait to see him again..and interestingly enough he brought the DDO to show me and I just want to put it out there that it looks much more attractive and natural in person
I think he did a fine job.

second of all! I am sorry to gidgit as well, as this thread shouldn't be what it's evolved to..but I do see value in what it's become..not because of the actual nature of a member or two..but because of what we're discussing and uncovering/calling out on a member who's becoming more whiny and hypocritical by the second..i don't want to read all the way back at the moment but I believe this was started by C-V's remarks on cleaning coins when he treated gidgit and zonad like children regarding cleaning their coin..the amount of condescension was brutal..not to mention that he suggested and uses worse coin cleaning methods! then add on top of that, his constant ego stroking regarding his coins and his absolute god complex like nature in our forum pages.

alsooo I'm seeing mentions here you've been sending not so nice emails to other member, C-V...and I've heard in person records of you doing this as well..don't talk about people tarnishing your record when you're doing such a thing..I'm honestly surprised you haven't been booted off of here for abusing the 'email member' feature to such an extent! so...when do I get my email?

am I adding fuel to the fire? maybe just a little..but you can't really blame me for calling someone out can you? let me have some fun too

the hypocrisy, condescension, absurd defamation claims, stupid emails, eBay spamming, damaged coins, coin flaunting, acting as you're better than us etc...where on earth does it end huh?

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 17 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Edited by thedollarman
12/07/2017 3:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3177 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
..i would like to ask this question again as this never was answered but what would PCGS charge for slabbing this variety? thanks all and I wish ALL of you happy holidays

There are different prices depending on how you slab it..

A normal slab with their photos of that superb variety would be a good way to get it done, I feel.

If you ever get to a Coin Expo or RCNA convention, there are many dealers and experts attending these shows that would gladly walk you through a simplified or single coin submission.

Contact a "moderator here" for added info if in a hurry, and thanks again for showing us this great one..

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4434 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gidgit, if you're up for a drive, there's a chance I can get the coin sent to PCGS for you..my lcs has a PCGS account and would almost certainly be willing to send a coin for me..shoot me an email if interested no guarantee but it might be a good option instead of waiting for a show to come up.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 17 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

Learn More...
United States
23410 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i would like to ask this question again as this never was answered but what would PCGS charge for slabbing this variety?

PCGS plays their cards very close to the vest regarding the Canadian varieties they attribute, and the cost - it's not listed anywhere that I can find on their website - but they most assuredly attribute yours as it has an individual "Coin Number" assigned and a separate listing in their Population report. Their attribution charge for a US issue is US$18 above and beyond the cost of slabbing the coin, and I suspect yours would be similar. SPP-Ottawa will have a much clearer idea.

Another consideration for you relates to the retail value of the coin submitted, as PCGS' base grading fees move upward after retail values (all US Dollars) of $300 and $3000. With little record to go on, I doubt your coin's actual value is under that $300 threshold. Your total cost (assuming you "piggyback" on another's submission) would be the base cost, the attribution cost, and your share of the shipping and insurance required (assuming the submitter requests you share it). With all that in mind, call it US$50 plus shipping and insurance. TrueView imaging is another $10, and PCGS Secure (digital fingerprinting) is another $5.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1146 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got to meet gidgit and he's one fine gentleman!
why thank you you guys are alright too

Quote:
gidgit, if you're up for a drive, there's a chance I can get the coin sent to PCGS for you

where do you live mississauga?
Quote:
call it US$50 plus shipping and insurance.
thats close to what I was thinking, actually maybe a bit more.
thanks everyone for all the input
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4434 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes sir!, Mississauga..and my lcs which would do the submission is right on the Clarkson village and Lakeshore border.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1234 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian-varieties's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Use PCGS# 596410. The cost normally is $25 per coin with PCGS Secure Service.

With the Quarterly Special, PCGS Secure Service is free for up to 30 coins ($-5), so the cost is $20.

Where the cost will spike for you is shipping. To ship to Canada 1-10 coins is $54.40 USD.

Also $10 for Handling per submission.

So submitting the single coin will be $84.40, but if you piggyback off someone else's submission or send in more coins, you can drive the cost down to ~ $22-$23.

Enjoy the coin! It'll look great in a PCGS slab
Edited by canadian-varieties
12/07/2017 7:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1146 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Enjoy the coin! It'll look great in a PCGS slab
thanks C-V
Dollarman would that be Century?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4434 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, it would:)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1146 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thought so ,been there a few times
Pillar of the Community
United States
1483 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not 100% sure that PCGS would slab it. They most certainly will "remark" on the cleaning, but it might be nice to have it in a slb/graded, if that's what you are into. I personally would use the money that TPG'ing will cost you and buy a few more coins. You won't need a slab to sell that one, since it's in the 2011 Charlton(p 314). Remember that $80+ that was quoted is US dollars, so it's over $100 Cdn. Just enjoy it for the nicety that it is with no plastic
Pillar of the Community
Canada
551 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  12:55 am  Show Profile   Check Apitrix's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Apitrix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great meeting Gidjit at the Brampton show! I agree with Dollarman, coin is quite nice, even though there is minor discoloration where the gunk was removed from. People really do need to learn to give constructive criticism instead of soliciting pretentious remarks
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05