Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eisenhower Metal Stamps?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2007  2:13 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hey All

Recently acquired this and want to sell it but I have no info. Any ideas or history? I have seen some gold version so stamps but not these.

Thanks!

The "bronze" is 26.7 grams with "000392" on the Reverse
The "silver" is 22.6 grams with "000305" on the Reverse

All I have found so far is this
http://cgi.ebay.com/1969-DWIGHT-EIS...RE_W0QQitemZ150132111562QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3360QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Edited by GO
07/07/2007 2:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1106 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2007  05:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chrycopaul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know anything about them, but Ike sure looks happy.
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2008  9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Edward J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These replicas of commemorative stamps were produced by the Lombardo Mint located in Sherbrooke Quebec Canada. I believe they were made before I worked there for a year. Mr. Lombardo made all of his silver pieces of .999 silver. I would estimate that there may have been a hundred or two of the silver produced and maybe a couple of thousand bronze. (how many could he sell, set the limit for bronze.)

They specialized in high relief medalions with some highly skilled sculptors and engravers and also local "interns" who were at various stages of skill and talent. They operated as Canadian Artistic Dies before Franklin Mint made it necessary to be named a Mint.

It was the height of my numismatic life because in one year I traveled for Lombardo Mint to coin shows in 7 Provinces of Canada and over twenty states, including ANA, CNA, FUN and a lot of others. Met lots of people, saw many rarities. Had a ball. We did a bang up business in Apollo XI medals, Replicas of the Lunar Plaques left on the moon, Robert F Kennedy medals etc. I still have some of that stuff laying around. Hope this helped.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2008  5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Junior to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is also from Posta Ingettes / Presidential commemorative.
I have the same stamp pluse 5 others from the series. I am also trying to find out a little more about them as well. My The "bronze" is 26.7 grams with "000201" on the Reverse. I'm sure what Edward J is saying is true and I am calling Lomardo Mint. Hope this also helps you.
Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2008  08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Edward. I missed it before. So one is defiantly silver?
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2008  4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Edward J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did not know the bronze ones were serial numbered but you seem to have found one. I do not believe the company is still in business.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05