Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CURRENT VALUE FOR 1930 AND 1921 ONE PENNY COINS?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2005  2:52 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Ruditchka to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi,
I am new to community but this seems to be the place to get the answers I need! I have both the 1921 and 1930 georgivs one penny coins and can find little info about their worth. All I can find is that they are worth a lot, but no mention of a dollar figure.... I have photos of both front and back of coins if someone would let me e-mail them for info... I believe from the limited research I could do is that the 1930 is the rare Indian die and the 1921 is the rarer London die. Pictore on one side is georgivs V head w/no crown and other side is sitting figure in wheelchair? holding 3-prong fork upright. Both are in surprisingly great condition with the 1930 one with almost perfect detail and 1921 slightly worn (mainly hair lines and wheelchair? wheel detail. Thank you for your help!
Rudy

Edited by rggoodie
12/26/2005 8:40 pm
Learn More...
7228 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2005  3:33 pm  Show Profile Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rudy
Both Lim & I would be glad to aceept images of these coins to review for you.

Your profile does not tell us what country you are in.
If we knew that we could also tell you who could examine them for authentication.

I am in the US and there is an expert on these coins located here and in Australia there are many.

We may be able to locate others in other countries but need more information.
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2005  4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the 1930 Penny is worth a lot of money if it is an authentic one and if it is the Australian Penny.Even one in just very good grade will set you back about AUD$20K. The 1921 Peny is not as rare as you think, next in line is the 1925 penny, even the 1920 Penny with no dots would be ahead of the 1921.

Judging from your description (no crown, wheelchair and a 3 prong fork) it does not sound like they are Aussie coins at all.

Post me scan and I will steer you in the right direction.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2005  4:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes, your scan came as I posted the above message....

Just as I suspected, they are not the Aussie 1930 or 1921 pennies, but UK pennies.....sorry.

I know very little of UK coinage so I can't tell you their worth. A UK collector might be able to help you out.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2005  4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a Look

This is what a 1930 Aussie Penny will look like...[:p]
Edited by lim118
12/11/2005 4:42 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2005  01:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ruditchka:

I have all UK pennies from 1888 until modern times when they stopped minting them. I can't tell you what your coins are worth, only what I paid for mine, many years ago. According to notes I scrawled on my penny folder, I paid $1 each for them. What they would be worth now, I'm unsure.

Gary, A.O.D.
Knight of the Coin Table
Rest in Peace
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2005  01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terry and Kyra:

I notice that lim118 is still a Knight in Training. As knowledable as he is, and as much help as he has been, I feel he rightly belongs at our table as a full fledged Knight.

As soon as you two approve, we need to announce that lim118 is the newest Knight of the Coin Table.

Gary, A.O.D.
Knight of the Coin Table
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2005  05:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Burke

Terry and Kyra:

I notice that lim118 is still a Knight in Training. As knowledable as he is, and as much help as he has been, I feel he rightly belongs at our table as a full fledged Knight.

As soon as you two approve, we need to announce that lim118 is the newest Knight of the Coin Table.

Gary, A.O.D.
Knight of the Coin Table

I can't do the "Dance of the Seven Veils" will "Baby Elephant Walk" suffice [:p]
Rest in Peace
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2005  3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Baby Elephant Walk would meet the requirement.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05