Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

looking for value on notes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1946 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2009  9:43 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add garylcsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello all
I picked up these notes from a friend today and have no clue as to value. I kind of know what they are only because they say on the note lol. I don't do notes and most of the time just give them away but only after I find out if they are valuable or not.
thanks for your help
Gary

Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2009  9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i honestly don't know value but I love french notes they are beautiful if there is no value to that 10 francs note you can just give it away to me if you like
Pillar of the Community
United States
1946 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2009  10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add garylcsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that one and the one below it has seen a few wallets lol.
you got it. if there is no real value it is your's but keep on me cause I am still running hard here at home and the memory dont last as long as it did just a few months ago
Gary
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2009  10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i looked up the french note in my book and for that note with those signatures it was produced from 1971-1973 the value is unc $20.00 vf $7.50 any thing under vf is face value. my honest opinion off the top of my head I would call it fine
Pillar of the Community
United States
1946 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2009  01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add garylcsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont know it looks bad in hand lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2009  01:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, French notes always look bad because of the paper they're printed on. It's not exactly banknote paper, but some kind of thin think silk infused linen reinforced gossamer.

By the way scott, are you looking for a Delacroix 100Fr? I think I have an extra one... I'll post pics soon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2009  10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
post a pic wd1040 I might be interested.

i guess it is in worse shape than what I can tell from the pic garylcsr

Pillar of the Community
1185 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2009  07:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chrisild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i looked up the french note in my book and for that note with those signatures it was produced from 1971-1973 the value is unc $20.00 vf $7.50 any thing under vf is face value.

Hmm, the face value of that note is 0.00 ... in dollars, euro, whatever.

Christian
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05