Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

25 CENTS 1951 ?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  8:50 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add NSDAP42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

1951 high relief or low relief ?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low Relief. "A" points between Dent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3993 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say this one is a high relief
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now i,m not sure...lolol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3993 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  10:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol

I go to this site a lot for pics and thats what I am judging off of. here is the site
Valued Member
Canada
272 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yves to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not easy.... on the picture on the site on the high relief the point of the "A" is very center and the low are in the middle... on the picture of the site is very easy to determinate.

But on your coin the "A" not pointed directly but not enough in the center to tell it's a low relief.

It can be a middle relief ? lol

With the picture it's more a high than a low but not clearly at 100%.

I just see the difference of price lol .... my opinion are the same of course but I do not pay for a low relief, not so clearly and the dot's are cartched it don't help.

Just hope the see the final version :)

Valued Member
Canada
449 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gawd0wns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is a high relief, most the tip of the A is centered with the denticle. On the low relief, only the upper tip is lined up with the denticle.
I'm assuming all three photos you posted are of the same coin, though I don't see many of the same scratches on each....
Edited by gawd0wns
07/20/2009 12:21 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4812 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High relief,
Pillar of the Community
United States
738 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  08:20 am  Show Profile Check Jamez's eBay Listings Check Jamez's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jamez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, its a high relief. Use a business card or something small and place it over the A, you will see that it hits the center of the dental. I played with your picture a little and squared up the shot.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1384 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wwhitman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the close up is not the same coin
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  09:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, they are not the same coin?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or the marks sure show up different.....weird :-)
Valued Member
Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add adanak44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is the same coin and (HR)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1248 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hhbkiddo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A points TO denticle. there is NO question about it: High Relief
HHB
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MtnCoinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they are not the same coin, there are some very similar marks. The vertical scratch below the lower lip, the gouge in the middle of the hair, the neck scratches and the marks under the first A on GRATIA, are similar, but the photos are taken with different light and lenses. The close up does look like high relief.

Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2009  6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSDAP42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
guys , its the same coin ! the first 3 pics I made by SONY DSC-H10 and the last I made with a scan
Edited by NSDAP42
07/20/2009 6:32 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05