Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

help with evaluation of a 1955 shilling

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Domino
Australia
10 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2006  03:03 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Domino to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

i have a 1955 one shilling and I don't know how much it is worth.

on the "heads" side it has elizebeth the II on a side view and it has the words ELIZEBETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA and then a small cross.

on the "tails" side it has a coat of arms with a lion on it and a crown on top with the words FID DEF and ONE SHILLING surrounding it.

everything is clearly visible and the 1955 the 19 is on one side of the coat-of-arms and the 55 on the other.

no mould.

could someone plz tell me what it is worth.

Edited by lim118
05/06/2006 04:44 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1995 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2006  03:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Domino.

This is a British, coin not an Australian coin.
You might want to re-post it in the Britsh section in this forum for more exposure.

Steve
View my Coins, Banknotes & Tokens (NOW WITH OVER 8100 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 220
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Australia
11050 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2006  08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just one lion on the shield? That's a "Scottish" shilling.

Interesting, but sadly, it's extremely common, and not made of silver (unlike Aussie shillings of the same date). CV is 15 to 35 circulated; no point trying to sell it, in my opinion. In Britain, it's probably still worth 10 decimal pence, but in Oz or NZ your best "value" would be obtained by spending it in a vending machine for 10.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05