Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Just got a Fed Resv. box of D Mint Shield Cents !

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
eaglefoot
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5970 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  04:24 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
I've been sitting on this box of BU 2010 D mint Shield Cents for a few days now trying to figure out what I want to do with them.
I don't know if I should see if the local coin shop would give me some profit on them......or if I should just sit on them for a few years.....or offer them for sale here......trade some......I dunno.
Sadly....I don't eBay so...not an option for me.
I don't really know if there's enough profit to bother with......or sell the whole box, but I'm leaning towards just sitting on them for a couple of decades.
I'm really not interested in making repeated trips to the post office and mailing 20 or 30 different envelopes containing one or two rolls to a bunch of people for zero profit.....been there done that....it is not exactly fun and a lot of work distributing all of that !
Trades can be interesting though, but I just don't know what to do with these.
SO....
Vote please.

Poll Choices
Sit on them for 10 or 20 years, see what happens
Sell them at the coin shop now !
Sell them here on CCF ple ASE
Trade them here on CCF ple ASE
Save a few rolls, take the rest to the bank
Piecemeal them out somewhere for some profit
Go through them all yourself and save the BU's for your collection

Anonymous Vote
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add legend to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Moreover, set a price and let us know. I am certain these and the quarters will sell quickly.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure you could sell them here for at least 2x face. I agree the shipping is a pain.

Then again it's only a $25 investment to hold on to them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could also just set one day a week to go to the post office. Tell everybody you only ship on Mondays or Wednesdays, etc. I think everyone would understand. We've all been there.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think putting them up on the CCF trade site would be great! I have enjoyed having my extra coins listed there. I have traded for tons of moderns that I wanted, trimmed out extras that I didn't want, met and developed lots of great trading partners, helped out some collectors who needed a coin or two, and all with relatively little effort. I never try and 'rush' things out either. It's a great forum.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  10:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shooligan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would sit on them for a few years although by then
they may be circulating freely and available everywhere.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
2278 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  12:08 pm  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the mint sells them for $8.95 for roll of P & D. If you wanted a quick profit, offer them to collectors for 3 bucks a roll plus shipping. If your buying from the Fed, you're getting them close to face. $2.50 a roll profit ain't a bad profit. One of my local coin shops is selling BU pennys for 3 bucks a piece.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2600 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jim1953 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eaglefoot,
I just got a box loaded with BU 2010-p Shield cents. Have them in plastic tubes. I would be happy to trade you a couple of rolls if you need them.
Jim
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add big777bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with Jim1953. I wouldn't mind trading a roll of P for D mints.
Edited by big777bill
07/26/2010 3:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Call me crazy but sitting on them seems like a bad idea. I am comparing them to the 1959 penny.

This is what eBay has to offer:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...l-Categories
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3854 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eaglefoot

I had a couple boxes like that ... but were 2009 LPx.
I took mine to my local coin shop, he sold them for me on commission.
I think I got around $60 after he took 10%.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
1718 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eaglefoot, I'm pretty sure that the "local coin" shop here has some already, but they might need more. And I'm finding them on the ground around town; even found one next to a gas pump in a town about 80 miles south of here. Just sayin' that they're not "rare" any more.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't see my poll option which is throw them on the bay and see what you get!
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add guitarmonkee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He said he doesnt "eBay" ! LOL
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2010  9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add guitarmonkee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you should sell them to your friends here on ccf!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5970 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2010  1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmm.....the poll results so far are interesting !

So, my order of a box of halves and a "replacement" box of Cents came in today at the bank. As I looked through the little holes in the box while driving down the road on my way back to the office, I noticed that they sure seemed AWFUL SHINY !
FOR PETE'S SAKE ! THEY'RE ALL 2010 SHIELDS A.G.A.I.N. !
Now I have two full boxes of these .......

I can't seem to find a box of Cents that ISN'T all Shields now ! ...

By the way......I did check my local coin shop about this. He said he'd give me $30.00 for the $25.00 box. He says that they're just not hard to find anymore, and that they're coming in everywhere now. $5.00 profit wouldn't hardly pay for my gas to and from the coin shop !!
Edited by eaglefoot
07/29/2010 1:12 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano Glass
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05