Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Classic Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Morgan 1921 Replica... but why!

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
drain
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  1:37 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add drain to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I see on E-Bay they have a replica 1921 Morgan and they are 90% Silver and sell for 25.99! What is the point when a real Morgan 1921 is also that price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Replica-1921-Mo...270604740962

This fake Morgan situation is so disappointing. I had always hoped that low value coins would never be faked like this so when you bought a $20 coin and it weighed and sized OK you were assured of a legitimate coin... now how can anyone tell a fake from a real when they are this good, 90% silver, laser die, weigh the same, etc.! So annoying arrrrggggggg!

Thanks

Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Napoleon31ft to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just looking at that coin it is obvious that it is not real. Besides the replica stamp.
822 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the scary part, read the feedback.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  1:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add drain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just looking at that coin it is obvious that it is not real. Besides the replica stamp.

Can you point out some of the obvious tell-tales here (beside the Replica stamp) for me (and others who may read this post) so we can be more educated about how to see that these are fakes. I worry that someone somewhere down the line could leave off the Replica Stamp :(

Here is a link to it's picture on E-Bay:
http://i14.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/73/8d/b813_10.JPG

Thanks
Edited by drain
07/27/2010 2:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know how that guy is still on eBay with that feedback!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen this guy before, I really said WHY? when I came across this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/REPLICA-1943-P-...em3f01d46d49
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
13179 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  5:02 pm  Show Profile Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It amazes me how people can waste there money and buy this junk and than leave feedback as to how honest the seller is. E-bay needs to wake up and ban these sellers.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinshopworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's the worst feedback I've ever seen. eBay should be ashamed. I assume as long as he pays his fees he's a valued member!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even stranger this guys eBay pic is the same as a seller I've bought a number of coins from. I wonder if he just copied that also.
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dcreek1968 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somebody had a lot of time on their hands......and wanted to hornswaggle others in the numismatic community. Too bad!!
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stacksilver79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would people buy replicas when they can get the real thing? Stupid waste of money.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  7:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add delaner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, gotcha beat. Check this out!

[link]http:// (Offsite URL shortening not allowed-5)/2i2wN[/link]

THE MOST bizarre eBay auction I have EVER seen. Whoa man. I guess they do it because they're doing '09 VDB's, too, right?
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2010  8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinshopworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just so I'm clear, correct me if I'm wrong, this guy sells $2.00 items (stupid ones, mind you) postage paid from CHINA. Now that is a business plan. I bet he'll ship to Mars if you buy a $5.00 item.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2010  08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add drain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow and there are four different ones to choose from... all $2 and free shipping from China!

Go to eBay and search: "Replica 1934-D Lincoln Penny"

This is dis-heartening but I, as a new collector, wont let it discourage me!! I just got my scale and a copy of the PCGS grading book and I will enjoy learning how to distinguish fakes from genuines :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2010  11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3stooges to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll bet his "90 percent silver" replicas contain little or no Ag.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2010  11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Napoleon31ft to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well looking at the coin the chin is way to mis shaped and the details do not look right. For me its one of the "I have looked at 10000 morgans and can tell that is not one"
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 5.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05