Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Free Coin Organiser

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2006  09:50 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add greekandromancoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This is currently only for Ancient Coins, but I can easily adapt it to modern currency if there is the demand, all I would need are the coin specs you would like to appear.

Please feel free to download and have a go:

http://www.greekandromancoins.com/downloads.php

Regards,

Peter

Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2006  4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Berry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi greekandromancoins, that is very gracious of you to offer to adapt to modern currency (I presume coins as well)for the members.I could make use of it for U.S. coins only. I have tried some of the commercial software programs and I did not like them.
Thanks again greekandromancoins,
Berry
Pillar of the Community
Australia
840 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2006  10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would need it for Aussie Coins and Euros.....and US
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2006  01:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add greekandromancoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, if you guys can post a list of the coin specifications you would like to appear in the database, as well as those you would like to appear in the Coin Flip Ticket, I'll start modifying it this weekend. Any other comments, suggestions or otherwise are welcome.

Peter
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2006  07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Berry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again Peter, I'm not sure what you mean when you request coin specs that we would like to appear. Do you mean the all information that would go into the database? Would this include grade, size, condition and other such data for each demoniation? Sorry to be dense, but no sense me doing a lot of research and then submit wrong information.
Thans Peter,

berry
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2006  11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add greekandromancoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Berry,

My fault, my post was vague and unspecific:

What I meant is what typical pieces of information would you like to be able to enter into the database. For example date, obverse / reverse descriptions, size, weight etc are a given, but I'm sure there are others...

Peter
Learn More...
7121 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2006  3:30 pm  Show Profile Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfella

I would need it for Aussie Coins and Euros.....and US

Shane
What corrections to our data base would you like top see-
It is about time I started updating it again
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
Australia
840 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2006  10:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard

Obviously it needs updating with all the new issues since you finished it. It would be nice for it to be a database but a speeadsheet is fine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1436 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2006  11:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shatsi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greekandromancoins

Hi Berry,

My fault, my post was vague and unspecific:

What I meant is what typical pieces of information would you like to be able to enter into the database. For example date, obverse / reverse descriptions, size, weight etc are a given, but I'm sure there are others...

Peter

Maybe Grade/Certification & cost would be good.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2006  09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Berry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Peter, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner and am sorry. I am going to go another route, I am going to put just basic informaiton on a Lotus spreadsheet, I don't need anything but basic information so will try it on my own. I do thank you for your offer to help.
Berry
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2006  02:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add greekandromancoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I've started making changes to make it suitable for world coinage. If anyone thinks of any fields that need to be included, just let me know.

Peter
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05