Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Classic Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

how many rolls and how much per bank box

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
djluster
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1327 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  12:50 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add djluster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I was thinking of buying a box of nickels to go through from the bank but I am not sure how meaning rolls or how much a box cost. I thought at one time I read 100 dollar box and 50 rolls.
So this might also help other if we could put a list together of how main rolls per box and how much.

I don't want to guess but I know a few of them but not all of them. I also know there are alot of us who like to rolls search.

Believe the
Cents - 100 rolls, $50.00
but other then that I am not sure I beleave half are $500.00 a box

Valued Member
Ireland
498 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  04:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add josie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roll how about lincoln cents,

All rolls can be only purchased in the bank or also on mint online?

also planning to buy in the future,still have to organize my worn circulated coins TY.
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by josie

Roll how about lincoln cents,

All rolls can be only purchased in the bank or also on mint online?

also planning to buy in the future,still have to organize my worn circulated coins TY.

they are referring to going to the bank and getting the coins at face value which is something you couldn't do from the mint directly. You may also have to have the bank to order the coins for you if they dont keep such things like that on hand (alot of smaller banks dont)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1327 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djluster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am aware of having them order them was just looking to see who know how many roll were in a box of
Cents
Nickels
Dime
Quarters
Half Dollars
Dollars
so just wondering hte number or rolls and fave value I can buy them at. but if you just know the number of rolls I can do the math
Pillar Of The Community
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  08:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add janknez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious why you want to ask for a "box" of coins.

I have gone into local branch banks and asked for $100 worth or $50 worth of whatever coin -- dimes, nickels, half dollars. Generally the tellers have that much under the counter, although once I remember they had to get the half dollars out of the vault, but there was no problem doing it.

But don't forget to take something to carry them home in -- a canvas mint bag works, or any kind of tote.

United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats usually what I do as well, just ask for a certain amount and they give me the rolls that equal that amount. I do know some banks will only order them for you if you order a whole box (the smaller banks that doesn't keep alot of coins on hand) so with them you may have to order by the box but I have never had to do that
Pillar Of The Community
United States
547 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ChristinaM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djluster

I am aware of having them order them was just looking to see who know how many roll were in a box of
Cents
Nickels
Dime
Quarters
Half Dollars
Dollars
so just wondering hte number or rolls and fave value I can buy them at. but if you just know the number of rolls I can do the math

I know that the cents, nickels, dimes and quarters come in a full box or half box...

Cents 1/2 box - $15 dollars (30 rolls)
Nickels 1/2 box - $50 dollars (25 rolls)
Dimes 1/2 box - $125 dollars (25 rolls)
Quarters 1/2 box - $250 (25 rolls)

Double the amounts for a full box.

I am not sure about the halves or dollars.
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djluster

Cents
Nickels
Dime
Quarters
Half Dollars
Dollars

My responce wasn't to you it was to janknez about if you could buy them from the mint
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 98riv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are for the full boxes from Brinks.

Pennies $25.00
Nickels $100.00
Dimes $250.00
Quarters $500.00

I am not too sure about the halves or dollar coins. But I figure it would be...
Halves $500.00 or $1000.00
Dollars $1000

Each roll of coins cost...
Pennies $.50
Nickels $2.00
Dimes $5.00
Quarters $10.00
Halves $10.00
Dollar Coins $25.00
Edited by 98riv
11/16/2006 1:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JeffMo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About 36 years ago, I used to go to the bank and constantly exchange rolls of pennies and then my brother and I would go through them for our Lincoln cent collection (I'll bet that would have been worth some money if I held onto it). Those old memories and a friend who has been collecting coins for years are what fuel my present interest in coins.
Valued Member
Ireland
498 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2006  2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add josie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you every one
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano Glass
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05