Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

John lennon silver proof

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
924 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2011  10:00 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add elkslayer132 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Anyone seen this coin? What do you think of it?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2011  4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice coin, but if it came to my opportunity, I would only want to buy it for melt...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2648 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2011  4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not worth melting, really. If I remember correctly, they are a silver plated silver alloy. I've seen these for 6.99 on ecrater. There was a lone 22kt. one made, for Lennon's estate. It since been auctioned
But appreciated by fans, I'm sure.
Edited by fioti
12/03/2011 4:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
924 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2011  8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elkslayer132 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are 2 versions sterling silver and cupro-nickel
Pillar of the Community
Germany
752 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2011  8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waste of time, not even worth looking at. It is not a coin, it is metal with "five pounds" written on it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
543 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2011  8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lobby to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I "imagine" it's a nice coins.

"Imagine."

Get it?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2011  6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well guys, it's not that bad a coin really. IMHO, I don't like talking bad about a coin that commemorates a person that inspired thousands like this one, the SBA dollar, Ike dollar,etc. Though I don't mind you criticizing this one :

Pillar of the Community
Canada
924 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2011  11:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elkslayer132 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that is 1 ugly coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
924 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2011  11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elkslayer132 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had 25 lennon coins in sterling silver and they were selling for as much as $250.00 I still have about 10 left to sell there is 1 up for auction right now.
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  05:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JoeyZ76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Official mintage of the SILVER John Lennon 5 pound coin is a tiny 5,000 coins.These are legal tender official coins.
In the first week they had over 1/4 million orders from around the world!
They sold out very fast and then made a second run,not in silver but in cupro-nickel.
Original cost was around $70.00 US
The silver ones sell at a very nice premium.I stashed away 4 of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collectors, like coins, come in all shapes and forms. Thank god for that.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05