Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thai Commemorative Notes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2011  6:15 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Monedas to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I haven't been that involved with the hobby lately , but recently I've learned about how Thailand issues banknotes commemorating many important events. This has re sparked my intreat in the hobby and I hope to collect all these wonderful notes. The first piece of my collection is the banknote pictured below , the note was issued to celebrate King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 80 birthday. It is a big note measuring 5 3/4 x 9 inches, making it the 3rd largest in the world. Is there any others who collect these banknotes? Would you mind showing your collection?

Pillar of the Community
Thailand
1401 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2011  02:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thai-vic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
#93a

#104 (the image in the Krause catalog is wrong)

new 2010

There are others but I aint got 'em.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2011  12:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Monedas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Do you have the folders that came with them.
Thailand
4 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2011  03:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shaun1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a large collection of Thai notes, including the ones you have and many others, it's nice to see another avid collector appreciate these beautiful notes. thanks

Pillar of the Community
Thailand
1401 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2011  04:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thai-vic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shaun and welcome to the community.
Wow, another collector and living in Thailand? I've been resident here in Lamai on Koh Samui for over seven years and just love it. So where are you?
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2011  05:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redbus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some of mine from Thailand.

Thailand
4 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shaun1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lots more
Thailand
4 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shaun1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thai-Vic, I work in Saudi but spend as much time as possible in Thailand, married to a Thai and 1st child on the way, family live near Loei.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsShop at PDS Coins!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05