Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Supplies, Books, Reference, Software, etc

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Cherrypickers Guide vol.2 5th ed. Received!

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
macmercury
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2566 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2011  5:10 pm Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Got my copy today from seller at Amazon.com.

I have mixed feeling after reviewing this edition on the Mercury dimes section, as some of the prices aren't available as there wasn't enough data to provide it.

Also prices again doesn't reflect what really seller/buyer are paying for some of the coins.

Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
2356 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2011  9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping to get a copy for Christmas.

I don't rely on books for prices, but it sort of gives you an idea of what's what.

I still have lots to learn and I understand that this book (and Vol.1) are really good references.

Hope you have hours and hours of fun with your new book.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2011  09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add emh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have they put tabs in the book yet? I emailed the publisher and suggested they put tabs at the beginning of each section for faster reference.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2566 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  5:44 pm  Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No tabs, but that is a good suggestion. Maybe too expensive, can add a few dollars more to already a expensive book.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4866 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  01:54 am  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I often add my own tabs, you can buy a box of a 100 for a few dollars at a office supply store, makes for quick reference look ups. Also use the post-it labels that come in tiny strips to highlight a particular notation I need.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
884 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  5:31 pm  Show Profile Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI....Lowest prices found were at Buy.com and walmart.com
Pillar Of The Community
United States
632 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2011  4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now available direct from Amazon for $26.37 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Cherrypickers...20666&sr=8-3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any idea on what has been added/changed, since the last edition?

Just wondering if it is really worth the upgrade or not.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2566 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  3:22 pm  Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some listing was removed and more added. Price changes that reflect today market, but don't hold true to MS coins.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05