Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Tubes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4313 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  12:58 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

I am thinking about buying some coin tubes for the silver dimes I have, and was wondering which one's I should buy. (I never realized how many different brands/types there were) Here are the two that I am looking at right now.

1. I like the look of these ones (and after reading some other post's on this topic, people were suggesting them) but I am not sure if they have a screw on lid or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ht_500wt_969

2. These were the ones I had found first, and liked that they had a screw on lid. But am not sure how durable these ones are. (They look like they will crack easily).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-BCW-Round...7fe45b1#shId

Which one would you suggest?

Thanks

Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Edited by Canadian-Banknotes
01/02/2012 10:17 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11213 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  06:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The square ones I don't think have screw tops but the other one does.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  07:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaycutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My local coin shop has those for .45 to .50 cents each
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Secret Argent Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use the square tubes, they look the same as the ones there... the lids do not screw on, but they have a definitive snap to them and they do not pop open if that's what you're worried about.

I like the square because they stack nicely and do not roll around, also they have some "extra" material so it seems like they are sturdier... though I never used the round ones though so I can't honestly say if that makes a difference.

And like jaycutler I my coin shop has them for 50 cents each, so the prices on those links are a bit on the high side.

Also depending on how many you need you might be able to get them from an online coin supply company at an even lower cost.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4313 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I use the square tubes, they look the same as the ones there... the lids do not screw on, but they have a definitive snap to them and they do not pop open if that's what you're worried about.

OK, Thanks. That was one of the things I was worried about.

Quote:
Also depending on how many you need you might be able to get them from an online coin supply company at an even lower cost.

I have checked a few coin supply places, and most of them do not offer shipping to Canada.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4313 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a little update

I found the tubes that I wanted on the "Wizard Coin Supply" website at a good price. I could buy 5 tubes for $1.70! when I get to the checkout page, I realize that the shipping cost to Canada is $22.26...

The Hunt Continues
01/02/2012 10:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  11:24 pm  Show Profile Check specksynder's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add specksynder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had bad luck with Wizard Coin Supply anyway... I placed an order with them, and it turned out they had no one in the office because they were all at a big show, but didn't mention it until after they had charged my card. Then they still didn't ship my order until a week after they allegedly were back.

If there are any coin shows are shops in your area, you can find these cheap. Check any sort of hobby store too.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4313 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  11:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The closest dealer to me is about an hour and a half away, and of course they are out of the dime tubes.
Valued Member
United States
275 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coppertop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have lots of small little dime tubes that I had gotten for free. What I really need is cent or quarter tubes. Maybe we can work something out

Edited by Coppertop
01/17/2012 08:51 am
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Secret Argent Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got bunches of square quarter tubes, offhand I'd say "at least" 10.... I could use some dime tubes if Canadian Banknotes doesnt take you up on that offer.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4313 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, Thanks for the offer Coppertop. I bought some dime tubes a while ago.
01/17/2012 4:30 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05