Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Set of 12 Caesars Complete

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1951 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not from me. I always buy low dollar coins. lol

Anyways. Enjoy the coin, you earned it!

Although, that coin must have been really expensive if the seller threw in that Titus denarius in such great condition.
Formerly jwharper
Learn More...
4253 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Although, that coin must have been really expensive if the seller threw in that Titus denarius in such great condition

Now you're gettin' the idea.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ValiantKnight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also cheapo when it comes to my buying habits, but occasionally I'll treat myself to something a little higher in price.
"A poor Roman plays the Goth, a rich Goth the Roman." - Theodoric, King of the Ostrogoths

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 224, Byzantine: 21, Post-Roman Germanic: 17

Affordable ancient coins on sale! Now reduced!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
2783 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  10:27 am  Show Profile Check bobbyhelmet's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bobbyhelmet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome JW! - congrats on getting the 12, I'd been keeping my eyes open for one for you but not found any 'deals'.

Don't forget to post pictures when you get all 12 together and in the box!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1160 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JW, I think you knew from the get go that to complete your 12 Ceasars the Caligula was going to set you back some.

You really found a nice one. Congratulations!
Formerly jwharper
Learn More...
4253 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think you knew from the get go that to complete your 12 Ceasars the Caligula was going to set you back some.

Yes, but my wallet was certainly surprised.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
2783 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  12:15 pm  Show Profile Check bobbyhelmet's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bobbyhelmet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes, but my wallet was certainly surprised

I can well imagine seeing how nice the coin is your wallet is sighing in pain!

The best thing about this hobby though is that that money is not lost or depreciating in a new asset like a sports car or new set of golf clubs. Its just been converted into something other than cash, the coin will hold its value and the deal can be reversed whenever you need or want too.

Again congrats
Formerly jwharper
Learn More...
4253 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the deal can be reversed whenever you need or want too.

Thanks, bobbyhelmet for the compliment. The problem of getting rid of this coin will fall to my wife or sons as I do not plan to sell it off anytime in the foreseeable future. And the problem they will face, as always, is finding a buyer interested in high-end coins. Oh well, their problem, right?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9518 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JW, I was mostly joking about the pool, but seeing how you typically get deals, I hope this one turns out to be a scarcer type--congrats again!
Valued Member
275 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  2:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add giano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
however jw,you can't buy a mercedes spendig few money and in this case this coin is really a like a mercedes compared to other coins....so compliments again and be happy, when money are well spent is always a pleasure do it if you have the possibillity.....very very nice and important coin.
Formerly jwharper
Learn More...
4253 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent a little time this afternoon putting together a collage of my 12 Caesars. I also wanted to show the case I have waiting for that last Denarius to arrive (notice the empty slot in the upper right). I have really appreciated all the kind compliments to this thread.

Regards to all,

Pillar of the Community
Bulgaria
843 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t0rress to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great collection jw!
Learn More...
United States
13365 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  5:54 pm  Show Profile Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Beautiful collection. Thanks for posting it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  6:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

JW! Oh my goodness what a beautiful collection! Great job!

Now dance, banana!

Hopefully I, too, can find the funds to someday complete the set.
Check out my collection online at http://www.romanvmimperivm.com!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
2783 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2012  7:56 pm  Show Profile Check bobbyhelmet's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bobbyhelmet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Green with envy
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05