Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

anyone interested in decimal notes

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have just started with notes, bought a few $1/$2 Unc, and I also managed to grab a AA96 Unc.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  04:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We all have to start somewhere, aarong which AA96 did you buy?

I'm not sure about the catalogue value of the $100 test notes, I don't really think they should be worth too much, even in UNC cond. I know I wouldn't pay for a $100 UNC Test note in my collection. You can still find the occasional in UNC from a few grand. The first & last test prefixes of the test notes are the ones you want. Even the first & last standard $100 prefixes are good to have, but are quite common to find.

I love RADAR notes. I think of the odds of actually receiving one. Very, very scarce. If anyone's interested in radars, the likelyhood of getting one is:
Normal (e.g 877778 as in appleangel07's lot)
1 in around 1,100 notes
Radar Repeater (e.g 757757 also as in appleangel07's lot)
1 in around 11,100 notes
8 Digit Radar (e.g 10 411401)
1 in around 11,100 notes
Very scarce & worth holding on to in good condition, but some people chase serials & some don't care.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  05:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Its a AA99 Unc $100 note, found in circulation, worth keeping?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  06:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's a nice full crisp UNC, I'd be holding it if you don't have another. If you're looking at selling, you may get $150-$200.
AA99 had 949,999 printed out of the 1999 $100 print run of 99,727,872 notes. If you can find the last prefix JK99, that's the one you want with a small print run of only 166,499.
It's a 13 year old note but $100 still aren't chased because of their limited print runs & releases. There have been only 5 years with $100's released. Not really required by the looks of things.
For recent results on eBay have a look here http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...0.m270.l1313
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apple Angel 07 - $5 NLK 757757 (Phillips/Wheeler - 1974), there's an overpriced newer one on eBay:
$5 QGU 757757 (Fraser/Higgins - 1990) - They're stating "aU-UNC" which means EF/aUNC but a astronomical price of $165. Some dealers will multiply the book price by 5. This price is pretty much book price multiplied by 5, but between aUNC ($25 x 5 = $125) & UNC ($40 x 5 = $200).
Book price gives us $25 for aUNC or $40 for UNC. It is very scarce but the absolute most I'd pay would be $95. It looks nice, but it's a matter of if you want if for your collection.
The link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...380405973383
Pillar of the Community
Australia
641 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the very first prefix and very last prefix of the paper $5 note

The signatures are Coombs - Randall 1967) and Frazer - Cole (1991). It is interesting to note that the $5 note doesn't have a pre-decimal equivalent. For this reason the introduction was delayed until 1967 to avoid confusion in the first year of decimalisation. So you won't find any Coombs - Wilson $5 notes.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gee there's some really nice notes team, thanks

Off to lismore wednesday so see what they say and maybe buy a few things
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice...I should collect paper...but because polymer comes through my business...I've just fallen into the prettier polymer plastic professionally printed.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1587 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  11:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add appleangel07 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
prettier polymer plastic professionally printed

Repeat that 5 times as fast as you can LOL
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aa07

Come on goatieman..just 3 post to go and another

what was that roo..your gonna give me those notes..good on ya mate worth a shot
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  03:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My milestones been & gone. It was my Proof Post. Have a look, it's one of my favourite coins:
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=111181
I'll have a Rum for that...anyone that want's a drink, here's a nice one:
6 ice blocks
30ml Kaluha
15ml Rum
Milk to fill
Stir & enjoy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
641 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  04:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some dealers will multiply the book price by 5

So Goatieman, is there an official catalog price for radars, repeaters, solids, consecutives, matching serials etc? There isn't anything in Macca's.

I've noticed a few UNC paper decimal solids going on eBay for $300 to $400. They are a spectacular note
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  04:17 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did my first note noodling today. Went through $300 of $5 notes and nothing interesting. Didn't last nearly as long as $300 of coins so I can see myself getting fed up with it but will keep at it. Do other people get notes for this purpose or have you just found then in your change and from ATMs?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  04:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
roo, how ya been mate?

I have done that before enworb but found the same results so I just look at every note I get still looking for that VG95
Pillar of the Community
Australia
641 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  04:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G'day AJ

good to see you again!

Yeah I've considered noodling notes but it doesn't seem practical. I just end up checking what I get out of the ATM.
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05