Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Tokens, Medals, and other Exonumia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Show us your Civil War and Store Card tokens!

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
6253 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  01:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got in the mail Monday

Pillar Of The Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  05:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your acquisition :)

Your specimen is a Fuld 55/162a. In the fifth revised edition, the 55 obverse is the only obverse paired with the 162 reverse. Fuld lists two obverse dies with this type of headdress and dated 1864 -- dies 55 and 56. A significant distinguishing difference between the two is the placement of the 1 under the neckline of the bust.

The specimen has a rarity rating of R-1.
United States
6253 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the mail today

Pillar Of The Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another R-1. Fuld 47/332a.
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  12:25 am  Show Profile Check brg5658's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one I was able to image tonight. It's graded MS62BN from NGC.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  01:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
brg5658 --> beautiful specimen :)

Here's the NY630AK-2a:

Hussey also issued his own "postal stamps" at a cost of 1-cent apiece. By 1862 Hussey raised his rates to 2-cents, and subsequently issued a 2-cent denomination stamp. For special deliveries, Hussey charged higher fees, and issued higher-denominated stamps accordingly.

More info about George T. Hussey, his tokens, his stamps, and his Special Message Service can be found here:
http://www.novanumismatics.com/arti...atics45.html
Edited by CheetahCats
02/01/2012 01:54 am
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread reminds me of a local collector who had a fabulous CWT collection. Few were below XF, many were full red, bunches of R8 and R9, odd denominations, odd metals.
United States
6253 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saturday, I went to a local coin shop to see if they had a 2012 ASE and picked these up instead.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  02:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice specimens :)

It's also great that you have a local coin shop that actually has CWTS in stock. Many shops don't always carry them.
United States
6253 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  04:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those were all the store had so there is probably no more there. The other shop I dropped by was closed due to the owner taking a medical leave.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 4 that are in my immediate area don't have any, and haven't had any in over a decade.
United States
6253 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am stopping by a coin shop in a mall later today for some 2x2 flips and I will ask about CWT. But first I have to printout what I have so I don't get duplicates.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL. That would be helpful. I use CoinManage.

Did you find any at the mall shop?
United States
6253 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The local shop had some. I got the Patriotic Coins, and left the Store Cards since I am not interested in them.

I am hoping someone can give me a value on this last one.

Edited by Fuzzy317
02/05/2012 6:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2012  10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll look up the Fuld numbers on the last one.
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05