Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show us your Civil War and Store Card tokens!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38
Learn More...
United States
6598 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  01:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got in the mail Monday

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  05:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your acquisition :)

Your specimen is a Fuld 55/162a. In the fifth revised edition, the 55 obverse is the only obverse paired with the 162 reverse. Fuld lists two obverse dies with this type of headdress and dated 1864 -- dies 55 and 56. A significant distinguishing difference between the two is the placement of the 1 under the neckline of the bust.

The specimen has a rarity rating of R-1.
Learn More...
United States
6598 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the mail today

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2012  2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another R-1. Fuld 47/332a.
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  12:25 am  Show Profile Check brg5658's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one I was able to image tonight. It's graded MS62BN from NGC.

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  01:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
brg5658 --> beautiful specimen :)

Here's the NY630AK-2a:

Hussey also issued his own "postal stamps" at a cost of 1-cent apiece. By 1862 Hussey raised his rates to 2-cents, and subsequently issued a 2-cent denomination stamp. For special deliveries, Hussey charged higher fees, and issued higher-denominated stamps accordingly.

More info about George T. Hussey, his tokens, his stamps, and his Special Message Service can be found here:
http://www.novanumismatics.com/arti...atics45.html
Edited by CheetahCats
02/01/2012 01:54 am
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread reminds me of a local collector who had a fabulous CWT collection. Few were below XF, many were full red, bunches of R8 and R9, odd denominations, odd metals.
Learn More...
United States
6598 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saturday, I went to a local coin shop to see if they had a 2012 ASE and picked these up instead.

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  02:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice specimens :)

It's also great that you have a local coin shop that actually has CWTS in stock. Many shops don't always carry them.
Learn More...
United States
6598 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  04:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those were all the store had so there is probably no more there. The other shop I dropped by was closed due to the owner taking a medical leave.
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 4 that are in my immediate area don't have any, and haven't had any in over a decade.
Learn More...
United States
6598 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am stopping by a coin shop in a mall later today for some 2x2 flips and I will ask about CWT. But first I have to printout what I have so I don't get duplicates.
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL. That would be helpful. I use CoinManage.

Did you find any at the mall shop?
Learn More...
United States
6598 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The local shop had some. I got the Patriotic Coins, and left the Store Cards since I am not interested in them.

I am hoping someone can give me a value on this last one.

Edited by Fuzzy317
02/05/2012 6:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2012  10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll look up the Fuld numbers on the last one.
Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05