Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show us your Civil War and Store Card tokens!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great specimen Bill.

And William Jackson, indeed eccentric.

Here's a photo of Mr. Jackson (Bill, I think you've seen this one before)

Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats him CC. In a 1881 history of Jackson County it is recorded that "Mr Jackson said that he has escaped three great calamities that afflict society: riches, matrimony and politics." He must have been quite a character.
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  01:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Continuing the thread...

James Kennedy Exchange Insurance:

Edited by CheetahCats
03/17/2012 01:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  01:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And Ira Mayhew's Albion Commerical College:

Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent examples from Ionia and Albion. Ira Mayhew was quite successful in all his endeavors. Local Albion historian Frank Passic published an article summarizing Mayhew here> http://www.albionmich.com/history/h...980420.shtml
Valued Member
United States
458 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2012  3:27 pm  Show Profile Check brg5658's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheetah posted one of these a few weeks ago, but I finally got my hands on a specimen of this design. I love the toning on this one!

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  07:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful toning on that NY630-AK-2a!

Terrific acqusition! Congrats brg5658 :)

(nice looking photography too!)
Learn More...
United States
6509 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1864 Union for Ever
Fuld 54[1]/342

Pillar of the Community
Canada
859 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Metaheuristic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone. This is my first post, so hopefully it isn't too much at once. I had a thrill reading through this thread and thought I'd share a few of my own. They're all in flips, if anyone complains about that when my new flips arrive I'll peel these out, take 'em again then put them back in new flips.

Most of the information written next to the token is what came with it when I purchased it. The grades are those of the people I had purchased them from and would like to read some opinions on grades, fuld numbers, etc! I really hope this isn't overload but I enjoy it when there are a ton of pictures to paw through and that's how it was when I first opened the thread.

Cheers

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Metaheuristic wrote: "Hello everyone. This is my first post, so hopefully it isn't too much at once. I had a thrill reading through this thread and thought I'd share a few of my own. They're all in flips, if anyone complains about that when my new flips arrive I'll peel these out, take 'em again then put them back in new flips.

Most of the information written next to the token is what came with it when I purchased it. The grades are those of the people I had purchased them from and would like to read some opinions on grades, fuld numbers, etc! I really hope this isn't overload but I enjoy it when there are a ton of pictures to paw through and that's how it was when I first opened the thread."

Terrific specimens!

Do you have either the Civil War Token book by the Fuld brothers, or likewise, their Patriotic Token book?

You have quite a number of specimens there; If indeed you choose to pursue collecting more CWTs, I strongly urge getting copies
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Metaheuristic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have the Civil War Token books by the Fuld Brothers and the 2002 Kanzinger book. I was toying around with the idea of joining the Civil War token society and while procrastinating at work today I found this thread. I'm curious where people find most of their tokens, because there are some real beauties here in this thread. You don't have to give up your favorite haunts but be it stores, auctions, what have you I'd like to know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience, you won't find such examples at most dealer stores. Mainly shows and auctions.

I am a member of the CWTS; I recommend it.

Here are two specimens from the Pharmacy / Apothecary of Thomas Brimelow.

Brimelow was born in England and emigrated to the United States. He lived until the age of 88, having passed in 1916.

Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2012  07:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Metaheuristic!

Thanks for sharing, you've got some nice CWT.
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2012  03:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redbus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's what I have.

Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05