Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Having trouble uploading photos from an IPad

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  1:41 pm Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I've tried all sorts of ways to upload some photos of an 1852 Gold Dollar but I keep getting a notice that the Google/Apple to Windows interface will not allow the action.

I can email the pics to anyone but not upload to an account or site

Anyone have any suggestions of how to get the pics on line? I'm in Florida and will be away from my home computer for another month.

Oh, the IPad will not let me upload to photobucket either.

Thanks in advance.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
Edited by carmykle
02/14/2012 2:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  1:54 pm  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, here's the reply each time I try to upload a pic:

Microsoft VB script runtime error: '800a01a' object required: Item(...)'/forum/output file.asp, line 33

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  2:01 pm  Show Profile Check brg5658's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears Microsoft products don't want to play nice with your Apple product. I hope you can figure it out. If you want to email me pictures to post I will post them for you. Just a thought to get you through your Florida days.
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ContraJame to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you looked at apps? I believe photobucket has an app for uploading and sharing pictures.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  8:38 pm  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I'll check on an app. BTW, I can't attach to any email either. The email has to go to a regular email and not one in the CCF domain. Maybe bobby131313 can help. Would one of you mods check out with the forum dad. I'll also try to email him.
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DivChaser to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would recommend Photobucket as well. Automatically resizes photos, and provides links for the message boards, direct links, thumbnails, etc
Pillar of the Community
United States
4953 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  12:19 am  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love my iPad but I can't do it either. I have to go use my regular computer.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6731 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not much I can do with the Ipad problem.

Don't understand the email issue, I receive images attached to my coincommunity email address every day.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  08:35 am  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I had successfully uploaded the pics lat night but it appears they didn't make it. The link will take you to my photo bucket image. Looks like I'll have to upgrade this thing so it'll attach pics.

Thanks everyone.
Edited by carmykle
02/15/2012 08:48 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  09:24 am  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I figured it out. In the photo bucket app, you just need to tap the I icon to display the image info. You can then just cut and paste the info.

I'll try it here:

Yay, it worked. For you IPad guys, it's a lot more simple than I thought.

Eureka!
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2012  11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ContraJame to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats carmykle. Glad to see you up and running.
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hondacobra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I heard there is a photobucket app. Have you tried that?
What I do is email them to myself then access my email from another computer to use the pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
543 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lobby to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Smugmug to host photos on the internet rather than photobucket. Smugmug is a pay site, but in my opinion, offers a lot of options that pb doesn't.

Also, consider getting the Camera Awesome app for iPhone / iPad. It's a free app, developed by the Smugmug programmers, which significantly improves the capability of your iPad camera. It also allows easy upload to many photo hosting sites, including smugmug and pb (and facebook, twitter, etc)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05