Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1900 25 cents (papermoney)

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  7:16 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Im going to buy this piece of money soon... I was just wondering what the grade is?

Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell from a photo the crispness of the paper but it does look like it has several folds. I would hazard a guess at F+ to VF.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say F
Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you notice the very small cutting error, at the top?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  8:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no I didnt what is a reasonable price for this?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Book value is $12 for this note, I wouldn't pay anymore than $15, and would try to get it for less.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2012  9:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi coincollect1 ...

=> hmmmm well, I admit that the cutting-error at "the top" of the bill is kind of neat/intersesting (it has a bit of "extra-bill" from the adjacent note) ... but overall, the bill is not cut very symetrically at all ...

=> so, I'm kind of unsure which, if any, make the bill worth more or less than a "normally" cut shin-plaster?

... I guess the error at the top does add a bit more to the bill than a "normal" note, but probaly not a huge bonus (my guess => somewhere between $10 and $25, depending upon how cool you think the error adds to the overall appeal of the note)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3588 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  03:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the 2012 Charlton catalogue:

$4 Dominion of Canada (DC-16)

G = $400
VG = $1000
F = $1650
VF = $4000
EF = $6000
AU = $12,000
UNC = $20,000

The 1900 twenty-five cent shin-plaster is a bit trickier, because there are a few different versions (DC-15a, DC-15b, DC-15c, which all have varying signatures) ... but the Charlton catalogue prices were fairly similar to the values from your link.

Ummmm sorry Indian1, is that what you were asking?

Edited by stevex6
02/16/2012 03:23 am
Valued Member
Canada
287 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Baanos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the looks of it, I would say F+. At first glance I thought it was a printing error and not a cutting error, but upon looking closely, the left side of the note is a little longer and the right side. So, assuming this is a cutting error, I'm not sure if it should bring any premium, I mean, anyone could be an uncut sheet of notes, badly cut it and demand a small premium for these notes, right?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many people have tried that with the uncut bird series notes, but the problem is that sheets of notes are in completely different serial number ranges, so a quick check of the Charlton Guide will tell you if the note is from a sheet or not.
Valued Member
Canada
287 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Baanos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, seeing the bottom part of the note above it, wouldn't it be from a sheet of at least 2 notes? And say it is not from a sheet, where is it from?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3588 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve

Yes, I was just wondering if both links were accurate
with their info. I already have good sites for grading/values
on Canadian coins etc. but wanted to find some good sites for notes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, seeing the bottom part of the note above it, wouldn't it be from a sheet of at least 2 notes? And say it is not from a sheet, where is it from?

All notes are from a sheet. But, the sheets that were sold uncut to collectors are in certain serial number ranges.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
these are the new pictures

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ummmm, looks a bit like Boville may have let his grandkids cut a few of the shin-plasters?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05