Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 World Coins and Commemoratives

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

My Latest Themed Acquisitions - Birds

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
859 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
......muddler, thanks for the chuckle...
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3667 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got 222 Bird Coins in the album, with some others not yet filed, so probably around the 230 - 240 mark.

I've got the K'stan Pelican, Spoonbill, , the French Roosters, the Nagorno Karabakh Pheasant, all the NZ Birds, all the Indonesia Birds, a few ASE's, a Gough Island Bird Series, some Falkland Island ones plus a heap more from all over.

I might start taking pictures of them, but it'll be a huge undertaking. I suppose if I just do the 'Bird' side, it will only be half the task. [;)
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3446 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  9:31 pm  Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We are looking forward to seeing any you can capture in a photo.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't mind I'll do some more.
How many coins have a bird on both sides? I have at least one.

The "Bird of the Year" logo on the obverse, and the 2010 recipient of the award, a kestrel, on the reverse.
That's a Belarus ruble, by the way.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3667 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might be sorry you asked for this :

Belize 1980 $1 Scarlet Macaws

Br. Virgin Islands 1974 50cents Brown Pelican

GB 1995 £2 Peace Dove

Gough Island (Tristan De Cunha) 2009 One Crown Falcons

Jamaica 1979 25Cents Streamer Tailed Hummingbird

Kazakhstan 2010 50Tenge Pelican

New Caledonia 2004 5Fr Kagu Bird

World Savers Medallion 1991 Golden Eagle

Nancy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another very "birdy" Belorussian ruble,

Formerly nancyc
Australia
3667 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've often seen some Bird Coins from Belarus, but most of the time they were a bit expensive. Lovely coins though.

Nancy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3446 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  11:10 pm  Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! I really liked the falcon and pelican coins. Eagles are getting boring now.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Australia
4961 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  11:23 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've always liked these little suckers

Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  12:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nancyc,
I have these birdies flapping around:

Chile, Gibraltar, UK

Macedonia, Cook Isl., Nicaragua

Kiribati, Norway, Malawi

Gibraltar, Eritrea, Albania.

If you'd like any/all of them let me know.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  12:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also have very stylized birds from Belarus:

"The legend of the Stork"

"The legend of the Cuckoo"

"The legend of the Lark"

I also have The legend of the Turtle from this series but that one wouldn't fly in this thread.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1275 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  01:23 am  Show Profile Check MathieuMa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those bellarus coins are proofs of circulating coins ?
Their design is excellent :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are proof.

Belarus never issued circulation coinage, only banknotes.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1275 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  02:16 am  Show Profile Check MathieuMa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I don't know coins from this place - at all :D
Anyway, it doesn't change anything : their design is superb :)
Slovakia (Slovak Republic)
28 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  05:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trobo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Birds coins from Slovakia:

20 Euro (Eagle -Orol skalný)

100 Krone 1993(3xEagle - 3xOrol skalný)
200 Krone 1995(swallow, black stork, white stork; Woodpecker with young)
Edited by trobo
02/17/2012 06:09 am
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05