Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What else do you collect?

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phantasia21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i collect coins of course, baseball cards and dracula related items
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  12:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another one who collected baseball cards, though my collecting mainly consisted of the acquirement of unwanted hordes of 88-93 cards that belonged to people 5-10 years older than me, and buying mixed card/pack lots at the Kmart or elsewhere.

I do have some cards older than that, at least one for each year back through 1958!

I'm slowly paring them all down to the brands and years I like the looks of and my favorite players that date to that era, but that's a job that's going to take a while to get back to, not to mention finish.
Edited by argentum
02/21/2012 12:44 am
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  08:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, briank, jleveille & jjlava!
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is Tonto, my favorite snake I own.

Is that his natural coloration, or part way through a molt?
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Biggfredd, that is his natural color. He is a piebald, same recessive gene as a paint horse basically.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  08:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is when he was a baby

And this is Crazy Eyes, my hypo het albino female Boa Constrictor when she was a baby.

Part of my snake room

The feeder freezer

My motley het albino boa constrictor as a youngster

My rodent execution chamber (the only humane society approved method) I call it *** Not acceptable ***
***I apologize if my play on words offended anyone. That was not my intentions at all but in retrospect it was not very mature of me.***

Edited by DM1975
02/21/2012 9:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
517 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  09:23 am  Show Profile Check BLUESZONE's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't know snakes ate pizza and Texas Toast.
Edited by BLUESZONE
02/21/2012 09:28 am
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
His girlfriends are all heterozygos for that color pattern.

I finally figgered out the word I think you meant, now please explain how being heterozygous makes things cheaper.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, phantasia21!

DM1975-

I thot albino critters had no pigment, and were white.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A "het", the word you just figured out, (heterozygous) means they carry but do not show the simple recessive gene. (not all color patterns are simple recessive, but albinism, and piebald is) Hets are substantially cheaper and you can throw one homozygous male to several different het females for a bigger profit margin with less paid out on the parents. I will let you do the Punnett Square to figure out the outcomes yourself.
Edited by DM1975
02/21/2012 12:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1324 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In addition to coins, I collect the empty bottles from beers that I have enjoyed (a terrible waste to save full bottles), beer related glassware (+ the occasional shot glass) and Steeler memorabilia. Trouble is if I choose to add a new bottle to the collection I have to pick one to discard. Don't feel like building any more shelves & no more wall space.

OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmwatson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bluezone

and burittos too. Quite a diverse diet for those critters.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1052 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  10:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jprine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way cool thread. DM1975, JustCarl and others, you have a unique way to protect your coin collection. I too have a few weapons, none that can crawl around my house. I also have a few old clocks. When my grandpa passed, he had about 300 in his 1100 square foot house---yea, it was a hoot.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3187 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  10:23 pm  Show Profile Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jeffrose: An earthquake would wipe out your cool collection. If that were mine I would tack them down with plasticine. :) This is just me but collecting liquor bottles and cans seems like a "teenage" thing to do, kind of like trophies of naughtiness. XD

Anyone else remember POGs? I gave away the bulk of mine but I saved the best and coolest looking ones. Same with Lego. I can't bring myself to throw away cool things. Like comic books. The difference with my comic book collection is that I don't care about condition - they only have to be readable copies because that is what they are meant for, which kind of invalidates my love for AU coins, but ah well.

Selling paper money: http://gtacoins.ecrater.com
Want to Buy or Trade: Nuevos Pesos Méxicanos (UNC): P95, P96, P97, P98, P99, P105a and P105b.
Nickel, not Nickle :)
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DivChaser to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JeffRose - All of that Steeler stuff and not a single Yeungling Bottle? Shame on you!

I miss my days in PA!
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05