Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter 1958 Proof ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Netherlands
384 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  09:23 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Sander to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Recently I bought a lot of silver quarters.. I have zero experience with US proof coins, so nothing to compare.. Is this 1958 a proof or a very nice business strike?

Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be a Proof to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3179 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  10:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look mirror like under that haze.
It would be nice if you could get rid of the haze without
ruining the original surface of the piece.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5268 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a proof. You could try acetone but if you do try to do anything be careful as the surfaces are delicate.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haze, but nicely frosted. Potentially worth hundreds if conserved and slobbed as deep cameo.
Pillar of the Community
917 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LincolnGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Haze, but nicely frosted. Potentially worth hundreds if conserved and slobbed as deep cameo.

Is that when they have a slob with greasy hair do the conservation and grading?
Sorry fred I had to

That looks MS to me yee haw!
Valued Member
Netherlands
384 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  03:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies.. I leave the coins as it is.. No cleaning..
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that when they have a slob with greasy hair do the conservation and grading?

It's when they put a coin in a piece of plastic with a number on it, then claim that any slob who can read the number can buy/sell coins like he had a clue what he was doing.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05