Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Australian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Australian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Found a fake/odd PMD 1966 round 50c today

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
ozcoins
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
971 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  07:59 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Its a normal coin which has been rounded off, looks quite worn and the colour looks more silver too.
I would not be surprised if someone was making and selling these as "round 50c" without making any claims about the year or silver content.
I found it in a chubb roll today.
I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  08:13 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

this will be good
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
where's the Pic - where's the Pic
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3667 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will try to post a pic tomorrow.
Patience little grasshoppers.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
971 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  8:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have taken one picture, but
1. It is not very good
2. I can not upload till tonight
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
971 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  05:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tried a few more pictures, but not quite good enough.
Doing some more now.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  05:59 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
852 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why's it odd?...because I can't see it yet
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
971 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this will have to do for now....

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
971 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry the photo is not so good.
Was distracted and not able to do a better photo.
Comparing the 2, it has been rounded, is a "flatter" silver colour than the more "chrome" normal coin, and the coin has been slightly mishapen which makes it seem thicker than normal.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like trout or erkle have been in the shed again

But serious..what is so odd about a round 66 as that's how the 66 come
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and try resting the camera on something might make a difference..I am yet to try the "sit it on a milk bottle trick"
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
971 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I was not clear enough...
It is a later coin (ie not round) which I think has been deliberately made to look like a 1966.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  07:33 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I knew what you meant that's why I was so eager to see it. It is actually better than I thought it would look. Still not good enough to pass of on eBay as a round 50c but with a bit more rounding they probably could have.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05