Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Coin Roll Hunting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Average Roll Hunting Finds

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
MorganDude26
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  11:28 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I was wondering what your Canadian/Wheat Cent average is for a box of pennies, your Canadian/Buffalo average for a box of pennies, and your Canadian/Silver average is for halves. I did $380 in halves yesterday and got Zip, Zero, and Nada all in one box! (sarcasm intended)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3182 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  03:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian average largely depends on location. Many northern states get many, but here in southern california they are not too common.

My averages are:

7.7 wheats per box of cents.
1 Indian Head cent per 43 boxes of cents.
2.77 canadians per box of cents.
1 buffalo every 3.38 boxes of nickels.
1 canadian per every 1.41 boxes of nickels.

Haven't done boxes of halves, I just get silver sometimes from teller trays. And I've never seen a canadian half?
43/76 holes filled in my Dansco 7070 (Not Including Gold Page)
Oldest Coins Found in Circulation:
Cent: 1907 Indian (roll)
Nickel: 1916 Buffalo (roll)
Dime: 1926 Mercury (roll)
Quarter: 1964 d Washington (cash register)
Half: 1946 Walking Liberty (bank tray)
Dollar: 1971 Ike (bank tray)
Edited by murrellington
02/24/2012 1:59 pm
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  04:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ZiggyZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say I average about 10 wheats and 8 Canadian per box (in Indiana).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
9843 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  04:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Around 10 wheats and so many Canadian that I don't count them anymore. (in Michigan)
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar Of The Community
United States
841 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Through 5 boxes of cents I am averaging 20 wheats/box.
Check out my collection online at http://www.romanvmimperivm.com!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have only searched half dollars and have never found a Canadian from a bank-obtained roll. But they do show up in local 'junk silver' bins very frequently.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live in northern Washington state and I average about 35 Wheats per box and probably 150 Canadians. In doing nickels I average 1 Canadian per 2.6 rolls and 1 buffalo per 15 rolls.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3182 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MorganDude26: wow you have some great luck. Compared to my find rates you get some awesome finds.
43/76 holes filled in my Dansco 7070 (Not Including Gold Page)
Oldest Coins Found in Circulation:
Cent: 1907 Indian (roll)
Nickel: 1916 Buffalo (roll)
Dime: 1926 Mercury (roll)
Quarter: 1964 d Washington (cash register)
Half: 1946 Walking Liberty (bank tray)
Dollar: 1971 Ike (bank tray)
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JayDon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Philly area average of 15 wheats/10 canadian per $25 box from Brinks through TD Bank
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05